• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

House of Cards

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

Wow, I just heard about this show on the weekend and I have nearly watched the entire first season already. It's amazing!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Ya just started watching it. About 7 episodes in. I love the use of the solioquy by Kevin Spacey. Also loved how this show was independently produced, then auctioned to the highest bidder. Netflix, bought the rights for $100M and knowing how people enjoy watching shows serially, released the full season at once.

SJN

TRIBE Member
it's a fantastic show

Kate Mara passed me on the street last week - that was a nice start to my day

erika

TRIBE Member
Just popped my Netflix cherry last night and watched the first two episodes.

It's pretty good, but is a bit too much in the Oliver Stone school of film-making, as in "ok audience, I'm going to explain this to you REALLY clearly because you're not the smartest and you might not get it".

Which gets annoying. There are some great lines in each episode, but in each episode moments, of "c'mon, we get that, just move on already".

I will watch more to see if they (hopefully) lose that along the way.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Just popped my Netflix cherry last night and watched the first two episodes.

It's pretty good, but is a bit too much in the Oliver Stone school of film-making, as in "ok audience, I'm going to explain this to you REALLY clearly because you're not the smartest and you might not get it".

Which gets annoying. There are some great lines in each episode, but in each episode moments, of "c'mon, we get that, just move on already".

I will watch more to see if they (hopefully) lose that along the way.
Just wait until after episode 7. Shit starts getting real!

The more I watch it the more I notice that House of Cards is a modern day Shakespeare play. Can't wait for season 2.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Nice end to the series could have used more of a cliffhanger but hopefully there'll be another season. I like the choice for whip.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Taro

TRIBE Member
the second season is good - ends with another cliff hanger - re: stamper and rachel, which will get sorted out next season - and the hacker - I like that addition

stryker

TRIBE Member
we saved the last episode for tonight. I can't wait.

Clearly Frank and Claire are the Clinton's and the Walkers are the Obamas. I wonder what the White House thinks of this?

stew :)

zoo

TRIBE Member
Looking forward to watching the new version, the British one is an all time favourite of mine.