1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

House music in Bangkok?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mr_Furious, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

So, as part of the last leg of my Thailand trip I'm gonna be in Bangkok until Tuesday.

Does anyone know of any clubs that I can check out, or clubs that have websites where I can see if any international talent is playing here in the next 5 days?

I just found out Jimmy Van M is gonna be here Thursday night, so I'm gonna check that out.

In case anyone knows the location of a ping pong show, i'll check that out too...But I don't care as much about that.
  2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

3. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

That's was neither funny nor helpful...
  4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Hey you brought up the ping pong shows. Super Pussy is apparently the place to go for such things.
  5. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

My bad.

Didn't realize that was a serious response. Now for the hilarity that ensues when I ask the cab driver to take me to super pussy.
  6. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

Can't help with the clubs, but for the ping pong show, hit up a street called Soy Cowboy. This street has a number of clubs that should suit your needs.
  7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

this is now the ping-pong thread.
  8. headwinds

headwinds TRIBE Promoter

i dunno about top talent but I was just there two weeks -- we stumbled into this cavern-like club on kel son road which was ok but I prefer the Sawasdeehouse on the other side of kel son road which played nice deep house... grab a table, a shisha, and let some street vendor give you a light show.

the freaks are on the streets -- take advantage of the heat and stay outside.
  9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

when you come back, i'll give ya a ping pong show for cheap
  10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I would say ask a bunch of people at the Jimmy Van M show rather than a bunch of people in Toronto.
  11. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

whats a ping pong show? like a strip club or something?
  12. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

There are several variations, but basically the girls shoot ping pongs out of their vajays.
  13. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

thought Jelo just spun there recently !
  14. djsauce

djsauce TRIBE Member

I was there is February when Tiesto played at a club called Zen. Not sure how it was , I didn't go.
  15. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Oh this is perfect, I was just about to start a thread about ping pong.

I have an asian friend at work and I have challenged him to a ping pong match. The thing is I haven't played in about 12 years although I used to play back then and was pretty good. But this guy is asian (Filipino) so I am worried about his skills.

I need to know where there I can find a ping pong table in the city to go practice on? I am very competitive and must not lose this competition. I have been smack talking for weeks now.

So where is there a table I can play on?
  16. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

this is probably the best answer you will receive and this thread should now end.
  17. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

oh yeah, stupid question (before I ask google which will probably tell me more than I want to know or show me more than I want to see).... umm,,, what's a ping pong show? I'm guessing something to do with ping pong balls and vaginas.
  18. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

as said above maybe 6 post ago

19. J e l o

J e l o TRIBE Member

yup and it was dope.
    played @ B.E.D. and JVM is or was there, Dirty Vegas before that, CVS before that and Chuckie too.

head out towards Sukhumvit, lotsa action there.
    the big clubs for electronic music seem to B.E.D. and 808 on RCA.
  20. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I'll sell you one for $20.
  21. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

That's actually down the street from where we're staying, and one of the first places we went to when we got here. Very cool vibe, and I was sold as soon as I heard them playing kaskade.

Khao san road is ridiculous, and I actually try to avoid that place like the plague. Some of the tourists and expats here are really ridiculous. Especially when you see them trying to fit in by wearing traditional thai garments that thai people don't actually wear.
  22. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I saw the flyer for that. Would have been really cool to see you in Bangkok, but that was long before we got here. Actually I think we were in Koh Phangan for the full moon party.

I went out to Jimmy Van M last night an it was alright. Decent crowd, but mostly white. I assume they were either tourists, expats, or people on work visa's. It occurred to me last night that going to a club where it cost 800thb probably isn't the best place to find thai people listening to house. I thought that Bangkok would have a huge house scene, but I don't think those kinds of clubs are very popular with thai's, because of how much they cost.