• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

'House is more than a word . . .'

alma

TRIBE Member
Just read this on the back of my 'Rough Guide to House':

'House is more than a word, more than a sound, more than four beats per measure. House is you, the one – reading, writing, listening to it, dancing, DJing, producing and loving it.' – DJ Pierre

I really like that. A little food for thought and enjoyment. Anyone else heard something that makes you feel good about the music you like?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Roland Clarke - The First Time

The first time I met house
It was a moonlit night
It was destined to be
It was love at first sight
I was lost in a space
You see, I came here alone
But she made me feel right at home
She was deeper than deep
I felt a chill down my spine
From my head to my feet
It was like a symphony of life
And she took my breath away
And she did it all night
She didn't even know my name
But she was my doctor love
And she cured my every pain
I knew our love would last forever
Because that night she blew my mind
It was a sign from the divine.................

I didn't know quite what to do
I'd wake up in a cold hot sweat
Wondering was it true
Was my mind playing tricks on me
Did my heart and my ears deceive
Or was it just a lovely dream
I had one summer's eve
I promised I'd leave her for no other
Even though I knew
She had a million lovers
JUST LIKE ME
Embraced in her songs
And Melodies
Forever dictating my saturday nights
AND SUNDAY AFTERNOONS
I GUESS I'LL BE A FOOL
FOR AS LONG
AS SHE WANTS ME TOO

Warren Clarke mix if ya know what's good for you:D

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
Here is a picture of JoshB as a kid....

And here is a picture of him taken this week...

Notice the anger in his eyes?

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Not everyone understands house music...it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing... - Eddie Amador

preacherman

TRIBE Member
Let There Be House

House is the epicenter of dance music - like the nucleus of an atom - it where all other forms of music stem from

Like the force it moves us, binds us, surrounds us, connects us like no other form of communication.

House is a beat
That calls us to the floor,
To move those happy feet

House is tribal and communal experience

House delivers - Deep Dark Delicious Chunky Funky Movin Groovin Soul Releasing Tracks - you will never hear or feel enough of this music because there is not enough time on Earth - I sure hope God understands when I take it with me -

"CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!"

Preacherman

tonep

TRIBE Member
this is the gayest thread i've ever read (with the exception of the robot pics)

i hate that sappy "house is a feeling man" crap... fuck that... go bang your drums and don your burlap sack pants you fucking hippies

rod_g

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 20,alma
'House is more than a word, more than a sound, more than four beats per measure. House is you, the one – reading, writing, listening to it, dancing, DJing, producing and loving it.' – DJ Pierre

I really like that. A little food for thought and enjoyment. Anyone else heard something that makes you feel good about the music you like?

I love quotes like that, not surprised coming from Pierre. Would make a great talkover too

the "Cevin Fisher - The way we used to do it" talkover bit always gets me tingly no matter how many times it gets sampled, chopped up and used

...people from all over the world....

leisure

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by tonep
i hate that sappy "house is a feeling man" crap...

E x a c t l y . . .

The next producer to put a 'sexy' sounding dude talking about 'House' should be hanged for putting the music back 15 years.

tonep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dabeats
P.L.U.R bitches!
I do not follow, respect, or recognize PLUR. nor do i recognize the spirit of raving archive...

these are tools huge dorks and hippies put in place so they wouldn't get harrased at events...

fuck that, fuck them, fuck it all

preacherman

TRIBE Member
I warned myself

But I just could not help myself

- Guys and Gals there would be no culture today if not for those who kept it alive and brought it forward. It's important to understand that, becuase if you don't appreciate history then you truly cannot love anything. It just becomes disposable. Just remember if you choose this lifestyle you too will grow older and more mature and realize the banter of the next generation was no different than yours was when you were their age. This is not about old versus new. Infact todays electronic music is so infused with generes spanning jazz, blues, rock n roll, heavy metal - let's face it it just keeps getting better and better. We are here in this forum to appreciate eachothers opinions and experiences. Maybe leran a little about each others passion for this music.

I guess for starters - how old is every one here

I cannot wait for the bloig bombs to hit me :cool: