• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hotels/Fun in Boston

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Planning a trip to & haven't been in Boston in > 10 years. Can anyone recommend a good hotel not far from the core? (Prices are NUTS & a person can seriously lose hours doing research!) Also, is there anywhere fun for techno &/or comedy? I find searching U.S. sites can be frustrating, so I'm hoping for some nods from fellow Canadians that have been to Boston in the past few years. Would be very much appreciated. :)

Rage

TRIBE Member
Was there about 8 months ago.

Hotel - The Lenox (pricey but amazing location and super nice)

Food - Scampo at the Liberty Hotel - old jail that was converted into hotel/lounge/restaurant - super cool

Food - Hands DOWN, the best Lobster roll is at a place called Neptune's - it's in Little Italy. Don't miss out, it's a must!

Nightlife/clubbing - Unless there's a one-off party (Derrick Carter played a gig at some random place when I was there) Boston is more of a pub/bar city but if you're looking for something else - check out Rise, can't remember the address but it's central. That's your best bet.

Enjoy - Boston is a wicked city.

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Planning a trip to & haven't been in Boston in > 10 years. Can anyone recommend a good hotel not far from the core? (Prices are NUTS & a person can seriously lose hours doing research!) Also, is there anywhere fun for techno &/or comedy? I find searching U.S. sites can be frustrating, so I'm hoping for some nods from fellow Canadians that have been to Boston in the past few years. Would be very much appreciated. :)
is this lisa b?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the tidbits above! I will definitely check these out. The Lenox does look amazing ... I was actually surprised to discover a few interesting & oddball finds just last night on line, but I always prefer personal recommendations. Pictures & reality don't always collide you way they ought to. ;>

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Our giant modern room with a balcony at the Revere. It was like $150 a night.

We visited our friends who were staying at the Ritz Carlton and it was so small, tacky and outdated.

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Our giant modern room with a balcony at the Revere. It was like $150 a night.
This is why I love Tribe. I saw the Revere on several listings but never would have looked twice given the huge selection to wade through ... thanks! & to know there are balconys too is a very nice little added bonus.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
It honestly was a beautiful hotel. And the service was so nice. It's just a little less stuck up than some of the more old money type places and more casual than say, the W which was down the street and packed with clubbers every single night trying to get in.

Also, Boston people are soooooooooo nice. All about manners and good dining and friendliness. I spoke with a lot of locals and they all felt that they were perceived as rude and cold but I didn't get that at all. As soon as you open up, they totally catch your friendliness too.

The only problem is the driving. They WILL hit you. If you're crossing slowly at a corner and someone is making a right, they will nudge you with their car. That's so rare that someone would TOUCH you with their car. So if you notice, everyone runs for their lives. Terrible drivers. Saw a few accidents in the week I was there. Crazy crazy crazy lack of respect for pedestrians. Be prepared to run and flip a few people off.

Gorgeous rooftop at the Revere too. Fun rooms for sure if you can get something a little bigger.

Loopster

TRIBE Member
This is so good to hear! I return again & again to Chicago for similar reasons ... random strangers tend to be SO open/friendly. That, on top of amazing architecture & food, a vibrant city & a beautiful lakeside park ... what's not to love? It always feels safe & clean & there is so much to DO! I wasn't sure what to expect in Boston. But now I can't wait to make my plans.

But yes - I'll look BOTH WAYS when crossing, trust me! I once saw a dude get pseudo-hit in Glasgow, resulting in an impromptu 1-way fist-fight. NOT what one seeks when abroad ...

As for W Hotels, I've had great luck & horrible luck with those. So yes - this will be a nice change of pace. ;)

Loopster

TRIBE Member
2 nights booked at the Revere ... Woot Woot! Everything about it sounds perfect, especially the location. The Lenox was just too steep, though it did look beautiful. Hoping to keep an eye out & maybe catch a break on the additional 2 nights at a slightly later date! Again, thanks!

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
It honestly was a beautiful hotel. And the service was so nice. It's just a little less stuck up than some of the more old money type places and more casual than say, the W which was down the street and packed with clubbers every single night trying to get in.

Also, Boston people are soooooooooo nice. All about manners and good dining and friendliness. I spoke with a lot of locals and they all felt that they were perceived as rude and cold but I didn't get that at all. As soon as you open up, they totally catch your friendliness too.

The only problem is the driving. They WILL hit you. If you're crossing slowly at a corner and someone is making a right, they will nudge you with their car. That's so rare that someone would TOUCH you with their car. So if you notice, everyone runs for their lives. Terrible drivers. Saw a few accidents in the week I was there. Crazy crazy crazy lack of respect for pedestrians. Be prepared to run and flip a few people off.

Gorgeous rooftop at the Revere too. Fun rooms for sure if you can get something a little bigger.
paris has crazy drivers, them fuckers are bonkers