• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hot House tracks recently purchased!

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Mmm, Thrill Me....

^^^ That remix you played last night was sick Myka, gonna have to hunt for that one...
Had enough trouble getting the original!

Joanna
m-jamp.gif

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

rod_g

TRIBE Member
housemusique

Im seriously on the David Duriez tip lately... maybe he's due for a visit to Teedot . HMMMMMMMMMM

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
well they may not be new, but i just got these heh

--cold phused- angel alanis
--studio 45-" i like the sounds" -dj sneak's funked booty rmx
--intexor vs. sinesweeper -"physical"
--atomic babies - "catch da monkey" (its all about the dj dan rmx)

-E

(go canada)

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
*gasp*

Originally posted by Eclipze
--studio 45-" i like the sounds" -dj sneak's funked booty rmx
--atomic babies - "catch da monkey" (its all about the dj dan rmx)

IAN!
You gotta play these for me one Thursday!!
Or maybe at Mad Bar!!

Joanna :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
iz & diz - mouth - classic
nicolas vallee - end of time - mangusta
nicolas vallee - rock da disco - aphro dogz
copacabannark - bagne - perlon
terry francis - 2am - pirate radio
melchior productions - let's go deep - playhouse
g flame - house traitor - moody
wally calerio - family tree - electrik soul
barrio bros. - flippin it - shaboom

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
picked up some nice ones...

vitamin d & dj nique - we like it raw- (its all about the flipside- "lost in the beat " is the sick funky track

Thomas Krome- "Shockabuku Vol.1"

Joey Beltram- "Slice"

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
max mohr - sweet - playhouse
terry francis - 2am - pirate radio
brett johnson - bounce - classic
annotelli electric - the vogue remixes - DWLC
josh brent - as lons as... - amayi

ethnik

TRIBE Member
respect

just got back from a trip to montreal, so some serious record buying got taken care of. here's my list for the week, some old, some new

Fellow Scientists - U Karumba - Freelance Scientists #3 - solid onionz remixs
Dizzy - Sactown Soul EP - Elektrik Soul -nice west coast flava
TGV - TGV EP - Turbo - dig those electro-techno styles
Orbit Starz - Inflexible - Poker Flat - hurray for tech-house!
DE9 - Closer to the re-edit - Novamute - sick sick minimal techno
Various - Montreal Smoked Meat - Force - some killer cuts on this doublepack
Tribalation - Don't make me wait - Big Chief - the female vocals on this cut are phenomenal
Little Men - Tall Order EP - Drop Music - yet another solid drop release. my fav label, by far
Inland Knights - 17 days remix ep - Procreation - more knights goodness, my fav producers
Paranoid Jack - The Kook theories EP - Four01 - HOLY SHIT! dirty fingernailz is the bomb track on this! what a release!
Nicolas Vallee - Rock Da Disco - Aphrodogz - killer bassline and nice synth work make this one a solid track
Twin Pitch - Ghetto Blaster - Premium II - FAWKING KILLER!!! run out and get this one
Morris/Audio - Jackmate/Plastic Patterns - i like this one a lot, nice blips and boops for lack of a better description!
DSP - Sins i've lost EP - Imperial Dub - dub-flava'd goodness, nice deep dubby house
Hipp-E - Things change EP - Nightshift - classic Hipp-E, there is SO much happenin sound wise, nnice
Electric Suedehead - Skyline Remixs - Mighty Atom - the Justin Drake remix is my cut, nice and funky
Solomonic Sound - Beating Heart EP - Worrship - been looking for it for awhile, long live Rotation Records in montreal!
DIY - DIY Classic EP - Obsession Music - it's all about the Fred Everything track, Diggin. once again, thank you Rotation Records for the find!
Jonene & Touchdown - Let it Go EP - Aroma - yeah, nice, deep west coast vibes. love that JT Donaldson work
San France Disco - Science Funktion EP - Toulhouse - long live david duriez

and that is it! also picked up some older Drop releases i didn't have...you all owe it to yourselves to hit montreal and go to InBeat Records as wel as Rotation Records, those are 2 shops that know the meaning of the words "on point".

peace

mike

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Bad Boy Bill - Everybody - IHR
Billy Lo - Heavy Weight - IHR
Mad house - Like a Prayer - .????

The last track is a sick track.. Gives me goose bumpS.

DAve.....

myka

TRIBE Member
Shakedown - At night remixes - panorama

Me and all the guys at play de were freaking out about the Mousse T mix

Finch

TRIBE Member
Word...I was at InBeat for their boxing day sale this year, and I found that though the store was well stocked with tunes, the guy behind the counter was kinda rude to me, and needed plenty of prompting (Read: Begging) to help me find some tunes. I think he was having too much fun chatting with some dude in the store to worry about helping my ass out. *grins*

I'd go back though, it was boxing day afterall, and I know I certainly wouldn't want to be working on that day either. So I suppose I can't get down on the dude for being a little bit rude with me.

I remember picking up some seriously strange techno track produced by a local, that had the most amazing organic samples in it. It was like, the sound of a tv turning on for a snare, the tuning of a radio for some high-end noise, and a shoe hitting the floor for a kick-drum. All put together alongside sounds of spinbacks, scratching and other turntablism oddities. Very weird, but pretty cool.

It's also easier to pick up LaFleche's latest shit on YuL in Montreal. InBeat was stocked to the tits with that shit.

This week: The New Sebastien Leger on Cyclic - Very French, with 4 locked grooves on it. Also, the New Patrick Alvai, which is filtered disco/funk on a slight french tip. Very sick.

Finch.

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Yay rekkids!!

I got rekkids two days in a row!!

Alot of Cirrus tracks with DJ Dan remixes, just cuz they are classic.

New tracks tho?

Vitamin D and DJ Nique - We like it raw - Special needs

Justin Nichols - Carnival - Catalyst

Joanna :D

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ethnik

...you all owe it to yourselves to hit montreal and go to InBeat Records as wel as Rotation Records, those are 2 shops that know the meaning of the words "on point".

peace

mike

werd on that!
Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

ethnik

TRIBE Member
respect

latest pickups, which i honestly can't believe i was fortunate enough to find at the Bloc as every online store no longer has them in stock

Blue Wig - No Ignorance - Eye 4 Sound - FAWKING KILLER!!! Pt1 is the cut, no doubt, deep, dark sweetness. i am amazed they still had 1 copy at eastern bloc, i had been searching for this one for a couple of months now. long live Terry Francis!

Shuffle Inc - Remember New York/Chicago - White - FAWKING KILLER the sequel!!! damn, what a track, both cuts are off the hook, nice deep funk, great vocal, i will berockin this one for months to come!

peace

mike

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ethnik

Blue Wig - No Ignorance - Eye 4 Sound - FAWKING KILLER!!! Pt1 is the cut, no doubt, deep, dark sweetness. i am amazed they still had 1 copy at eastern bloc, i had been searching for this one for a couple of months now. long live Terry Francis!

Great track. Both sides are killer.

Isolee - Beau Mot Plage Remixes - Older track, but took me awhile to find it :D

Barrio Bros - Flippin It - Shaboom
DJ Futureshock - Third Wave (Umek Remix) - END Recordings
Get Fucked - Funky Chicken Shit - Eukahouse
Terry Francis & James Wickison - Boombox - Wiggle
Paul Walker - Earmoth (Peace Division Remix/Justin Drake Remix) - Purpose
Martin Accorsi - Immerse/Feedback Inhibition - Yoshitoshi
Gaetano Parisio - Chapter 5 - Southsoul
Attaboy - New World (Original / Swag Remix) - Toko - Finally they re-released it :D

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Finch

TRIBE Member
Anyone else manage to get their hands on the new Hipp-E on Doubledown?

It's not absolutely amazing, but I like the picture side's first cut. Some funk-ass bassline.

Finch.

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^

Finch=*Sebastian Leger Whore*

teehee
janICE:>

ps-i haven't bought rekkids in forever........cuz when i go, i drop way too much $$$$$.....i need to find some restraint

Finch

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^

And all of this coming from the Antoine Clamaran whore herself!

You can't argue with Léger! The man's managed to find a way to pioneer a distinctive and fresh sound (that's actually fucking good, to boot) in a world where everything is so imitated and recycled. People are begining to catch-on to his style, but for the most part, you can spot a Léger track a mile away just from the drums. Sounds like nothing else.

Oh, and make sure to add that certain French-house "Je ne sais quoi," for the complete picture.

Right then.

My pick for this week:

Dave Armstrong - Slam Jam - Strada Test Pressing

Some shameless self-promotion, it is - but I wouldn't have signed the track if I didn't totally love it. I can't stop playing it, and I can't wait to get the promos in 3 weeks time.

Finch.

P.S. Anyone with info on the new Hatiras Album, or new mixes of his old track "Anthem", hit me with a mail, cos I need to know!

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
^^^^

hey there Finch

i didn't say Leger was poo or anything...i am the proud owner of the Dazed and Confused ep...and pierre can't stop playing....the track on the D side...geez...

about Hatiras....I'm gonna get all that stuff way b4 you son!!!

ps-that is not a threat....teehee

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Finch

Anyone with info on the new Hatiras Album, or new mixes of his old track "Anthem", hit me with a mail, cos I need to know!

Hatiras' album should be out soon. Be on the lookout.

Arrival.

vench

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Re: ^^^^

Originally posted by discodancer_j
hey there Finch

about Hatiras....I'm gonna get all that stuff way b4 you son!!!

ps-that is not a threat....teehee

Ida know about that JanICE, Finch has got some IN's of his own now. :p

Joanna
wai.gif