• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hosting and posting pics = help

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Does anyone else have rogers@home?

I activated my personal email and my webspace. How do I host some picture jpeg files so that I can link and post them?

I have tried using fetch and transferring them to my ftp server space but I can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures to display. I have the pictures sitting in the main folder and also in the images folder. If I use the address of where they should be it tells me that the file doesn't exist. And if its in the images folder it says I don't have permission to view it.

i called Rogers and they told me they didn't know what to do and that I was on my own.

jeremy -nettarded- jive

Last edited:

deep

TRIBE Member
checklist :

1. connect using an ftp program to host members.rogers.com, use the first bit from your email (thispart@rogers.com) as the login, and your password is the same as your email password. it will automatically put you in your webspace directory

2. upload files into that directory

3. link to the files using http://members.rogers.com/thatpartfromemail/file.jpg

it may just be that they're slow in actually activating your webspace - it doesn't happen instantaneously