1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hopefully what SimCity 5 SHOULD have been.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by G3N3R4L, Jan 19, 2015.

1. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

Just caught the look of this one as well.

Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive

It looks like it has the spirit of what SimCity 5 should have been. A successor to SimCity 4 Rush Hour.

Got this one in my sights for March release!

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Ya i've been keeping my eyes on this series, and has been an *almost buy* many times but I kept reading about certain flaws that kept me away.

It looked like all the foundational elements were there though and a future title in the series could kick ass, this does look pretty nifty!

3. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

What are some of the flaws you have heard about?

Most of the things that caught my attention they followed up by saying it was being worked on through Alpha. Haven't caught any major deal breakers for me yet.

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

not on this new one - just in their previous titles, CItiesXL being most recent I think?

So I never got an earlier title but saw enough in them to think they would get it right in a future one!

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

You ever look at the Endless series?

Its maturing quite nicely, Endless Legend > Endless Space

And i think their next one will be even better!

6. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

I have Endless Legend on my wishlist waiting for the next Steam sale. I am pretty pumped to try it. Looks great!

Yeah CitiesXL was a bit of a let down, and I will be staying away from CitiesXXL which will launch about the same time as Cities: Skylines.

If you have been following the dev blogs for Cities: Skylines, there is a lot to get excited about!

7. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

8. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

releases tomorrow!

9. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Oh and starships later this week too!

Good week for strat be sure to report back... i'm letting you be our guineau pig for skylines!

10. romstah

romstah TRIBE Member

i ordered this thru greenmangaming vip for $21.89, so excited!

11. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

12. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

13. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

time to call in sick for a week.

14. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

15. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Ya Im down with it now more then ever - review says its a bit of a "no pressure" city builder and in that sense its totally up my alley: love taking it easy with a few hours of Tropico.

its on my wishlist for the first available steam discount!

My "to play" list is long though so not gonna jump right in - Homeworld Remastered still has my strategy hours for now..;)

16. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

Been watching twitch streams most of the weekend. Probably will pull the trigger and get at it this week

17. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

Not mine, but amazing.

[​IMG]

18. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member