• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Homeland

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Did Quinn even die in that attack? If he hadn't spared Brody they wouldn't have had a fall buy for the bomb.

Hmm.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
^oh right, Quinn was at the funeral. So its possible he didn't surviive the attack. That's a bummer, I liked his character; let's hope he survived.

stryker

TRIBE Member
I haven't read anything else in this thread but I jsut finished the lie detector episode in season 1 last night. Things are heating up! I have no idea what's going on..

oh....how ridiculously hot is Morena Baccarin? Seeing her topless has already made this show a must see for me!...lol

stew :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stryker

TRIBE Member
still haven't read anything in this thread. With Breaking Bad done we've moved back to Homeland.

We waited for like a year for Season2 to pop up on iTunes. The only thing worse then waiting a year for the season opener? Buying the Season 2 pass and then finding out that we still haven't watched the last episode from Season 1...lol

So far, so good!

stew

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Decided after watching the premier last night that I'm done with it.

Despite the great acting the show is just too absurd.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The first few episodes of the new season of Homeland, summed up in less than 3 minutes:

[YOUTUBE]BLOOWFNbuaU[/YOUTUBE]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
You never go full retard. Claire Danes is getting perilously close to full retard with this season's bipolar stuff. The way her face crumples isn't engaging it's offputting.

I get it, I get it... she doesn't feel as though she can focus on being a super CIA agent when she's on her meds, the crazy actually helps her. It's kind of the point of the show. I'd just like it if they could pull back a bit on the freaking out. Everyone else looks like a frigging emotional glacier next to her, if anyone else on the show registered an emotion it would be earthshattering.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
there might be a few reasons to bail on this show but the daughter will probably tip me over the edge. Her acting chops make that kid from Dexter look like Daniel Day Lewis

JoshuaReid

TRIBE Member
I'm actually ok with the whole crying thing. I think it is showing how much she is unravelling. The last 2 seasons had a LOT of stuff go on that she was in the middle of. Pair that with her not being on her meds and you can tell she is just losing control of everything. I used to date someone bipolar and I think she is doing a bang up job in showing how 'crazy' (not meant in a literal way) actions/emotions can become when they spiral out of control.

Don't get me wrong, her character makes me frustrated at her for the things she does but I think that is kind of the point isnt it?

stryker

TRIBE Member
So we're on the last two episodes of season 2 and I gotta say this show has taken a turn for the shit.

The whole storyline with VP candidate being aligned with Abu Nazir is ridiculous. He'd be under the spotlight of the FBI and Secret Service the minute he became someone who needed access to the white house.

Their love story is ridiculous.

I'm going to watch Season 3 but my expectations of plausibility have plummeted. They'll probably have frozen soviets coming out of the woodwork next...lol

stew

Lojack

TRIBE Member
just wait
Agreed, it really does go off the rails in season 2. I've seen the first two episodes, I'll watch two more, but that's it. I'm skipping through the family seasons. Only Saul really interests me now.

Jeez, is Saul the new Stringer Bell?

-- L

ETA: The Wire had a lot more going for it than just Stringer Bell, so I guess the comparison is unfair. D'oh.

stryker

TRIBE Member
The wife and I finished Season 2 over the weekend. Full marks for ending on a high note. I did not see that coming. I really hope that Brody is playing Carrie because I'm having a very hard time suspending my disbelief that anyone could be attracted to her.

Stew

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
She only cried or almost cried at least 3 times during the most recent episode so maybe she is scaling back on it.

Her forehead crumpling like that has become a huge turnoff for me.

Also, I understand the actor that plays brody has signed a 7 season contract so his place in almost guaranteed til the show is cancelled.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
7 season contract?!

That can't be possible, if the show continues to be about watching a bi-polar woman go completely cray cray then there won't be viewers left to sustain it.

I just think the storyline is kind of bogus so far.

1. How in the fuck did Brody make it all the way to Caracas, Venezuela? Unless hey flew there, he must have had to cross how many borders undetected? I know questions might be answered later on but still. Really have to suspend disbelief on that one.

2. Watching Carrie be hyperactive and angry and crazy is really....not something you want to spend an hour on.

3. Less and less fucks given about Brody's family and their daughter. Just don't care.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I was wondering that myself.. They were driving to Montreal.. how did he get from Quebec all the way to South America.. He is one of the most wanted man in America..

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Haven't you guys figured out by now that this show does stuff like this to build intrigue, then explains in due time?

Maybe you need something a little more streamlined. Or just enjoy the ride.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I guess we will see. I just didn't entirely forsee them explaining the backstory of his Canadian border to Venezuela journey.

Seems like they are more going to explore his time as a hostage in Venezuela with some guy who inexplicably knows Carrie.

I'm still watching, just a pretty dry start to the season.