• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Homeland Season 4 reviews

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Carrie barely cried once during the season opener. So happy smallmouth Brody is gone. Her baby looks exactly like him.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
You must have some weird definition of "not much has happened" that other humans don't know about.

[SPOIL]Carrie is the Drone Queen and a wedding party was bombed on her orders, leaving a survivor, the nephew of the intended terrorist target, shellshocked and conflicted.

As Carrie and Quinn investigate the situation, a station chief with questionable intel sources is brutally murdered in front of them - Quinn, an accomplished assassin himself reaches his breaking point and is now in some kind of PTSD state.

Because of the public outcry over the bombing, Carrie has been recalled to the US by Director Lockhart. Saul and Dar Adal seem to be working on a way to get her back into the fight, despite Lockhart's efforts to bury her to save his own career.

Carrie is on some kind of drug regimen that has turned her into an insensitive drone herself. Her sister is annoyed with her indifference. Carrie can't even connect with her own child, and even considers drowning it in the bathtub.[/SPOIL]

SJN

TRIBE Member
This show is still on?
Season 1 was great. Season 2 was mediocre. I pulled the chute early in Season 3.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
Not really digging this show anymore... it's like Sons of Anarchy, I'll catch up later in the season and see what's up.

It's just so obvious it's going to be all about the consequences of actions now, and show the ripple effect of everyone's decisions.

I guess the big thing to keep watching for is to find out who the source is/was?

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i couldnt even get through season 2.

dont even get me started on SOA, my god what a horrible show
stuff that is being written for tv now is just beyond implausible
good thing Twin Peaks is coming back, we need some crazy on tv again ;)

kuba

TRIBE Member
They picked the single ugliest baby to be Brody's daughter, didn't they? I mean, I've seen some ugly babies but this one takes the bugly baby cake. Jesus H.

The two episodes did enough for me to watch more, though. Except for the ugly baby, who we wont' see much of, because .... (won't spoil)

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Losing interest.

Watched first two eps of this season, had the last 2 download for weeks.

Getting tired of "Carrie being crazy" shit.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Part way through season 2, i realized it's almost identical to '24' with different characters. Yes, it took me that long.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
[Spoil]Apparently sleeping with her target is Carrie's best move. Getting tired. [/spoil]
Agreed.

What in the fuck was that about?

So dumb.

Yes Carrie. Fuck the young Pakistani drone bomb-survivor nephew of your main terrorist target who's hiding in your home while you lie about getting him out of the country.

*eyes roll around several times* fucking Homeland writers.

acheron

TRIBE Member
It's different this time around though, 'cuz this is Crazy Carrie on Ritalin - The Drone Queen - meaning she doesn't have but a shred of caring left for anything in the world, herself, Saul, America, the kid, her own baby... All are expendable. The decision to sleep with the kid was a calculated move to get him on-side instead of a emotional lapse like it was with Brody.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Also, lets hope she doesn't hallucinate Brody's baby because that thing is hideous!

kuba

TRIBE Member
I god damned hate this show but have to watch it like wiseman. Carrie's character could have gone in a much better direction in dealing with mental issues and what not, but instead she's turned into a pedophile who loves 18 year olds more than her mentor, Saul, and is ready to kill for him.