• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Home Windows VPN Server

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I am trying to create a VPN server on my Windows 8.1 machine at home so I can connect to it when I am on public wifi(using an Android device). I know Windows has a built in VPN (PPTP) and I was able to set up a connection, but for some reason it stopped working a day or two after. I did not make changes on my server machine or my phone so I have no idea why it stopped working. I don't know how to even troubleshoot since the only message I get is "Unsuccessful" on my Android phone. Anyone have an idea how can troubleshoot this or can offer an alternate solution that's easy to set up?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I took a look at OpenVPN before I posted this thread but it sounds quite complicated to configure. I'll have to take a look again and find a better guide.