1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Home Depot Battle Royale - What 3 Weapons Do You Choose?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bumbaclat, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

disclaimer: this is not an original thread. I wish it was because it is a great one. A bunch of message boards have done it.

So you are chosen to compete against 9 other people. All ten of you are locked in a standard Home Depot, that is dark except the emergency lights above the exits. The goal is to kill one another to become the last man standing, last person alive gets to leave.

You are allowed to choose 3 pieces of equipment to aid you. Anything with a bar-code counts as one piece of equipment, for example, if you choose a nail gun, then a container of nails will be needed, so that would equal two pieces of equipment. You can use only the equipment you choose, no scalping from dead guys.

What three weapons would you choose, and what would be your strategy? Link your 3 items from the Home Depot website.

My 3 choices.

Respirator
    [​IMG]

Wasp Spray
    [​IMG]

Hatchet
    [​IMG]

Strategy:

My wasp spray was the brand with the longest accuracy range, almost 20 feet total. This would make it effective for both offensive and defensive purposes. It would make it risky for people to get within striking distance of me to use blunt force weapons against my skull. It would be moderately effective against any longer range weapons. My offensive strategy would be simple. Spray people then use my hatchet on them. This would be make much less noise than other choices like a chain saw.

At some point somebody is going to start a fire or engage in chemical warfare. People that can't breathe are going to be at a serious disadvantage. I'll be comfortably engaged in killing people with my respirator attached to my face.

My whole set up is lightweight and quiet. The one drawback is it does not contain any body armour.

Your turn!

2. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

i'd take the forklift.

3. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

you still have 2 items left.

4. Bass-Invader

doesn't matter, i already knocked over all the aisles and crushed you all.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i'm in the parking lot stacking shopping carts on top of customers cars.

6. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

+ the Nails to reign death upon people from the rafters above. or save a few reserve for when Bumba and i face off at the end. with our ranged/melee weapons. ;)

[​IMG]

ill dismember and decapitate anyone with this when i run out of nails.

i will maim or kill everyone so fast, any fire in the building will not have had time to spread to do any significant damage.

the gun can also be used as a sheild while i slice and dice with the hooked machete.

Forklift is not a purchasable item, you cant use it, you can get a ' lift truck ' and skate around the shop on that ramming stuff if you want.

[jai]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. Bass-Invader

im sure you can rent the forklift. If not then the delivery van will do.

8. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

ha, funny thread. I'll try making a better one later when I have more time, but here's my initial selections.

1. Fogmaster Concrobium Tri-Jet Fogger
    [​IMG]

I have no idea what this is but I imagine that I could sneak up on my opponent and envelope him in a thick cloud of fog, blinding him completely.

2. 45cc 20" Echo Chainsaw
    [​IMG]

self explanatory

3. Storm Fighter Poncho
    [​IMG]

Just to keep everyone's blood and innards from getting on my shit

9. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

for the likes of you guys? this is all I need...

[​IMG]

10. glych t.anomaly

you didnt buy gas, are you going to poke them to death with it?

[jai]

11. glych t.anomaly

you MIGHT be able to rent the forklift, but im pretty sure it doesnt have a bar code ;), and i am perfectly fine with you renting it and running into stuff, and i will wait till the level 4 racks of stuff plunge down, crippling your ability to move and then hack you up or fill you full of projectiles, i like moving targets :)

[jai]

12. Bass-Invader

good luck with that. a good forklift operator pushes things over in a direction - away - from where he is, so you will pop out of your little aisle hiding spot as they fall and end up impaled on my forks eg:

13. glych t.anomaly

i used to drive those little forklifts, i know they are fierce, but you dont have the luxary of being umm safe in the type of situation we are talking, and after working at Chapmans icecream when i was a teenager and driving one in a pallet making company, i have a pretty good idea of what they are capable of.

i still think i would get you first.

on a side note, this would make an AMAZING video game idea !!!

[jai]

14. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Ladder with HD babe that was featured in Playboy's girls of Home Depot:

[​IMG]

Box of Stone pavers (72)

[​IMG]

Multuse Cart

[​IMG]

My plan is completely ingenious and stealthy. Also I can wipe out 72 competitors due to number of bricks in the case. Unknowing competitors would be lured into the kill zone by HD babe to base of ladder at which time i would drop paver onto their head from the top of ladder. Multiuse cart will be used to cart bodies away from the kill zone.

15. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

Everyone always says the nail gun, but to my knowledge nail guns will not fire unless firmly pressed against something. So unless the safety mechansim can be disabled the nailgun is a useless range weapon.

16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you must be the smart one here !
    if they're talking about a ranged weapon, maybe they're one ( or an infinite amount of ) steps ahead of you.

17. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I was going to point that out, but then I figure I have a better survival shot if he picks the nail gun.

18. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Cut power with bolt cutters
    2. Find people with night vision cameras
    3. Smash heads

19. glych t.anomaly

after working one job sites with many kinds of nail guns, you just need to pull the lever arm that is attached to the spring loaded depressor.

if you do this with your hand it doubles as a secondary stabilizer, as well i have seen people rig it with another nail, and string.

so i am confident i can find a way to do so once again.

[jai]

20. glych t.anomaly

LOL the light from the screen will give you away.

are those cameras battery powered, and if so how do they mount?

as well if you carry a camera in your hand, and the screen in the other, what carries the Maul?

[jai]

21. glych t.anomaly

this made me chuckle.

[jai]

22. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

My survival technique is to go across the street and shop at RONA, a Canadian-owned business unlike the Amerikkkan Corporate Lizards that own Home Depot!

23. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

d'uh glytch, i'd plug it into the wall after I cut the power.

24. glych t.anomaly

you only answered one of my many questions.

and dont large places like home deopt have back up generators, and redundancies so that in case they lose power, they still have some lighting?

therefore making your cameras and screen useless?

[jai]

25. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

fine let's make it electric.
    [​IMG]

I'm killing you first :D