• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Home Beautification and Home Renovation

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever replace the thermal coupling on a gas fireplace? Any tips or shit to be careful for?

It sounds like something that's not too unreasonable to do, and it seems to be the source of my problem based on my very very limited knowledge on the subject (can't get the pilot light to stay on anymore).

kaniz

TRIBE Member
a96905_12-Two.jpg

Neat

a96905_4-Floating2.jpg

As slick as they look, the lacking of handrail would make me fear for my life anytime I walked down them.

a96905_10-Slide.jpg

But a slide on the side would be an OK compromise.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Hey, ever since I got old and started living alone, I always think I'm gonna fall down my stairs and not be able to get up.

At least in that place, I'd die a fabulous lonely death.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Yeah and they wouldn't be Building Code compliant (or legal) because of that missing handrail.

Stairs like that stress me out too. But even more problematic would be the greasy streak on the wall from always running your hand along there since there's no handrail!

They are definitely beautiful though.

kuba

TRIBE Member
this is nice, but totally useless. I think when people design this sort of space, they never consider the usability of it. I wouldn't sit in either of these chairs for very long.

CSD-Architecten-4.jpg

kuba

TRIBE Member
Kiosk is having a massive sale, for anyone with thousands to spend on designer furniture like B&B Italia, Ligne Roset amongst other.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
This is a longshot but I don't have a sconce or an outlet in my hallway. I do have a pendant but the switch is near the door.

I'd like to be able to have a battery operated lamp on a table in the hall that I can turn of without having to walk all the way to the door.

Anyone ever see these?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
This is a longshot but I don't have a sconce or an outlet in my hallway. I do have a pendant but the switch is near the door.

I'd like to be able to have a battery operated lamp on a table in the hall that I can turn of without having to walk all the way to the door.

Anyone ever see these?

all joking aside but what about the clapper?

deevah

TRIBE Member
anyone seen orange damask fabric around for drapes?

jacquard, cotton, chenille, doesn't matter

preferably orange on white/cream but will consider other way around

like this:

119.jpg

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
anyone know where we can get some sisal cut to size for our covered porch? we tried carpet mill on carlaw but the pieces they currently have in stock are way too big. IKEA has some sisal carpets with a finished edge, but again, they're not the right size.

peko

TRIBE Member
anyone know where we can get some sisal cut to size for our covered porch? we tried carpet mill on carlaw but the pieces they currently have in stock are way too big. IKEA has some sisal carpets with a finished edge, but again, they're not the right size.

home hardware sells jute rugs by the meter, but it's skinny.

kitchen stuff plus used to sell various sized sisal or jute (rubber stop back at their outlet store.

vox

TRIBE Member
just a quickie question: people were talking about some kind of freebie/online rendering software that helps you plan your spaces pages and pages back...

can someone re-post the link? i'm going to start planning our kitchen and it would be helpful to mess around with different configurations.

kuba

TRIBE Member
love the new pixelated fabric look.
4-1-pixel-couch-kvadrat.jpg

and of course the same guy did it in my favorite chair in the history of chairs

zuzunaga-pixel-togo-1_rect540.jpg

so - in this case, does anyone know a good upholsterer? the guys i called want $650 per chair + fabric - so I have a baseline, looking for something closer to $500 per chair if I can do it.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Backsplash goes in this weekend.

To anyone who has done a tiled backsplash themselves, is there anything I need to watch out for?

I'd rather not risk ruining the whole shebang.

:)

Liability

TRIBE Member
Backsplash goes in this weekend.

To anyone who has done a tiled backsplash themselves, is there anything I need to watch out for?

I'd rather not risk ruining the whole shebang.

:)

Take your time and make sure you have the right tools.

Following the instructions with regards to the depth of adhesive. Using the right trowel will allow you to ensure you have this depth. Do small sections at a time with this and the grout. You don't want to use pre-mixed anything as it is typically not has good.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
love the new pixelated fabric look.
4-1-pixel-couch-kvadrat.jpg

and of course the same guy did it in my favorite chair in the history of chairs

zuzunaga-pixel-togo-1_rect540.jpg

so - in this case, does anyone know a good upholsterer? the guys i called want $650 per chair + fabric - so I have a baseline, looking for something closer to $500 per chair if I can do it.

Continuum and the upholstery place on Gerrard, at Logan.