• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

holy house set!

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Taken from last night's "dizzy funk"

Download

2+ hours of incredible old house, acid, disco and other tidbits.

Ollie Barkovic
Reece
Derek Parsons
Trevor Wilkes

back to back to back to back

read the id tag for more info...no tracklist available as it would mean all four of us getting together and giving it a re-listen and writing it up...booo to that noise.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
It went good. we had quite a handful of drunken revellers having what looked like a stellar time. Derek and I got a $2 'tip' from one of them. That proves it was awesome.

dtox

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
It went good. we had quite a handful of drunken revellers having what looked like a stellar time. Derek and I got a $2 'tip' from one of them. That proves it was awesome.
screw you, I've had people fall in long lasting love to my dj sets but NOBODY's ever tipped me......bastard

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
its more fun when you play, and a bunch of strippers walk in. You play " Shake dat ass and bounce those tits " and they flash everyone while standing on the speaker in front of me... But I never got a tip

alma

TRIBE Member
I just picked up:
Jay-J and Chuck Diesel
No Dem Hoes EP
(Multitracked/Moulton 2004)

the track "18 1/2" is dirrrrty and sounds like it could have gone down good in front of a group of strippers. let's just say it starts with a guy going "Why don't you take those shorts off?" ... *rustling noises* ... "Oh no, you got to turn around and take 'em off".

will download tmrw. thx isoprax.

derek i've had your Classic House v 2 in my cd wallet daily. Larry Heard and the Adventures of Daniel Lite: bliss.

AshG

Originally posted by dtox
screw you, I've had people fall in long lasting love to my dj sets but NOBODY's ever tipped me......bastard
ha ha - funny story.... dan akroyd once paid me $20 to play some Barry White.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax

Derek Parsons

Derek continues to be my favorite-dj-I've-never-heard-live-or-met.

What I wouldn't give to take a peak in his record bag...

read into that what you will, I'm dig'n his sets *that* much...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Shiking

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
ha ha - funny story.... dan akroyd once paid me $20 to play some Barry White.
That's awesome...

Dan Akroyd once paid me $50.00...

But I was waiting his table and he spilled the froth from his pint on my pant leg. I guess he felt bad, but I like to think the service was fantastic. Had he not tipped I would have kicked him in his blues brothers and banned him from Elora.

natureboy

TRIBE Member
Great mix guys!! i hope to hear more.
Here's a few i recognize:

Coco, steel and lovebomb-you can't stop the groove
Gino Soccio-Dancer
Steve Hurly-jack your body
Derek carter-dream states
Queen-another one bites the dust (instrumental??)

:cool: