• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hollister Inc. in Eaton Centre aka Mecca

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So has anyone stepped into this store?
I am working with them to staff their summer roster and going in there, I just feel... UGLY.. and stiff.

It's like a model bomb exploded in there.

If you're not of an Aryan origin, don't bother applying. The store is like an A&F but a little more subtle.

Every single female employee is fuckable. Every single male employee is gorgeous. But not even in that typical way.. In that, I know you're just here saving up for college and you're probably really smart but you're too good looking so that you're constantly fearful that people think you're dumb and I wanna blow you and punch you at the same time in the backroom kind of way.

The loud music, the LCD screens, the dim lighting.. It all screams jock sex with hot people.

It is SOOOOOO wrong and I can't seem to articulate it. And what's funny is you can tell who is a salesperson and who isn't. All the customers were average looking people.. with their moms..

Guys and thong sandals = donkey punch hot.

If you have the time at lunch and are walking through Eaton Centre, GO IN THERE and take a look. It's FASCINATING.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kmac

TRIBE Member
WOW, we have a Hollister now? I'm going to hang out and look for victims for our homemade Guys Gone Wild DVD release.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
There's an A&F and a Hollister in Sherway Gardens, and their employees are picked for their looks, not their experience, work ethic, intelligence or customer service skills.

Half of them just stand there looking like an idiot as the store goes to shambles because of all the preteens rich kids that shop there.

A&F doesn't have non-ripped or not paint splashed jeans.

kuba

TRIBE Member
abercrombie opened in canada? sherway is the perfect mall for it, but i didn't realize they opened here. i knew about hollister but haven't gone in.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
hollister is a spinoff subsidiary from abercrombie to lock high school kids into the lifestyle brand before they hit their a&f years so it makes sense that they'd roll out here at the same time. the staff all their stores in the exact same way- their employess are their catalogue. i must have like five pairs of jeans i've never worn just from succombing to the hotness of the changeroom attendant girl haha. whatvr, it's a weakness

i'm suprised aeropostale hasn't hit the great white north yet

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Watcher said:
There's an A&F and a Hollister in Sherway Gardens, and their employees are picked for their looks, not their experience, work ethic, intelligence or customer service skills.

Half of them just stand there looking like an idiot as the store goes to shambles because of all the preteens rich kids that shop there.

A&F doesn't have non-ripped or not paint splashed jeans.

No kidding...Both A&F and Hollister are fucking disgusting. Even my lily-white gay friend says that the clothes are too white and gay for him to be caught dead in.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'm a little scared because #1, Hollister didn't know that social work existed. Haha. I told the GM what I did (btw, the General Manager is, like 15 and the prettiest girl I have ever seen), and she was like "whoa, you guys do this here in Canada?" and #2, I don't want to work with a company like this. Cuz they probably won't hire too many of my clients. And I am not going to sit and screen my clients for what they look like.

All the employees were also from the States. That's gonna be a huge adversity for me.

Fuck, totally battling my ethics right now..

But then again, I could puncture their model.. And diversify..

I mean, I AM a part-time Diversification Consultant. Even the black people in there look white. Haha.

ila

TRIBE Member
yeah man,

I've been in both hollisters and the a&f in sherway. they're fucked up. all the clothes are the same...only scattered in different areas of the store. and the lighting is so fucking dim you can't see what you're looking at. the music is offensively loud too. it's a giant mind fuck. I can't take it.

Muffin

TRIBE Member
I wandered through on Saturday, and thought the place sucked. The employees are definitely hot, but the lighting was so dark I kept bumping into things, and squinting to try to see the clothes. There were just hordes of people in there too, and all this oddly placed furniture, and I kept getting pushed into tables and plants and stuff. The clothes just looked like American Eagle clothes to me and the place felt like a Disneyland ride.

Last edited:

zee

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Guys and thong sandals = donkey punch hot.

EW!

i stumbled into this shit-hole this weekend and it was seriously hell on earth
holy fuck
the high concentration of laguna beach rejects and the mind-boggingly retarded design of the store had me in cold sweats

MoFo

TRIBE Member
That's what I mean!
You know that some of those hot sales guys read..

But you can't figure out which ones.. So you just wanna donkey punch all of them..

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
I don't understand either of those stores. The clothes look like over priced American Eagle Outfitter garbage. They all have that Hamptons Beachy ripped wrinkly jean look, which you can easily get if you leave a bunch of clothes in a gym bag overnight. The design of both stores are the worst thing i have ever seen. I couldn't believe the lighting in either of them, so dim that you could barely realize the crap you are buying. It is almost like shopping by candle light. The stores are also soo loaded with stuff that you can barley move around or get out of the place. You are so right about the staff, the army of "all American" sales associates was really freaking me out.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I go in just to look at pretty people and make goggly eyes with one of the sales boy's. Other than that the store is complete shit. If I wanted to have ripped jeans, I'd go to Bluenotes and get a pair of light denim jeans, get some coarse sandpaper and a sharp knife and do it myself (which looks better anyways imo) all the while saving about $70

acheron

TRIBE Member
wait is this the place where Jacob Connection used to be... across from EB Games on Level 1? Looks like the staff were all handpicked from the b-list for Laguna Beach or the OC. It's all dark and drama in there - I don't understand how anyone can make a clothing purchase in a place that's lit and designed like a cigar store.

kick

TRIBE Member
Sounds wierd...now I need to check this place out!

No need to advertise, they can rely on word-of-mouth. People will come just to see how fucked up it is!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
so that is where tthe mallrats are getting their Holister T shirts. Everybody is wearing them so they must be cool.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
137074682.jpg

my friend tyler works at sherway and got a hold of the hollister training manual, he took a picture of this and sent it to me.
'cool personal style' too funny

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Do they have to submit a picture like American Apparel?
And cool personal style? Everyone there looks so generic!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
It's all dark and drama in there - I don't understand how anyone can make a clothing purchase in a place that's lit and designed like a cigar store.

Try having a meeting with the managers there. The music is played EVERYWHERE in the store. Even in the back. I thought I was gonna kill myself.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I love how they require a college degree to be an MIT, but it's obvious that you don't actually need to be smart to work there, just look pretty and you're a shoe in

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
i just love how unbashedly brazen they are with their hyper brand package life they're selling. the fact that you can buy a death cab or panic! at the disco album at the checkout counter must be crack for kids trying to live the OC. a lot of people hate on their marketing and decor but it's the same thing west49 or bannana or club does just for a different demographic. and, like in those other cases, it works here too