• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Holiday Seasonal Job Postings

dyad

TRIBE Member
I wanted to start a separate thread for the signs that have started popping up regarding special help needed from now until January. Often they keep you on if you are good.

1. LCBO's are hiring and start at $10/hr (unless its gone up) from what I hear they are cool to work for and the jobs go quickly

2. Milestones restaurants will be hiring really soon. Its your basic crappy corporate restaurant job but its mad cash. (they require people to have a look thats not outrageous)

dyad

TRIBE Member
at Christmastime? you are looking at selling about 1000-1500 a shift due to carefully scouted locations, full sections and clockwork turnover, and depending on how well you serve you usually get 15-20 percent before tip out

if you bartend in clubs or serve at a high end restaurant you will make more... but the friends Ive had who worked at the Keg, Milestones, even the picklebarrel never seem to be broke in the winter (patio season not so much)

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
for LCBO jobs, are there only certain stores that are hiring ? or, just hit a bunch with resumes?

dyad

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
for LCBO jobs, are there only certain stores that are hiring ? or, just hit a bunch with resumes?
the sign I saw was at Davisville... but they all will be hiring for the season

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Thanks for posting this am definitely going to hit up LCBO and Milestones on Monday - have the full month off from school in December and need to make some $$$.