1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Holger Zilske at BreakAndEnter

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by zoo, May 18, 2010.

1. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

Yet another great BNE party.

Came in to a half-full venue that Martin Fazekas was warming up. Great tunes, and he's so dreamy!

Mark Thibideau stepped up and played a technically impressive live PA with very little gear (no laptop, no decks). I will admit that half-way through his set, I was itching for some prime time sounds, as was my crew.

Holger Zilske aka 1/2 of Smash TV gave us the prime time 2am set we were looking for. It was very much the clubbier and ravier side of bpitch.control, and it was very satisfying. We stayed upfront for his whole set and it was fantastic.

I missed closing locals Talal and Zoi, although I hear they are nice guys.

The venue, Nocturne, was decorated with balloons everywhere. Drinks were well priced. Having so many friends throughout the party crowd was awesome. There was nowhere else I would rather party that night, even admitting that Nocturne is not by any means my favourite venue! By 1am though, the place was jam packed, with spill-over into the backroom; the party rocked for sure.

When Holger finished, a few of us made our way over to check out Tobi Neumann at Milkrun, who was also fantastic, but we didn't stay for his entire set, which probably went until sunrise! Milkrun patrons party too hard for me. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Holger Zilske tore me a new one, I danced til I couldn't no more...

that is all!

3. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Sometimes I wish parties would be spread out across more weekends -- was 3 things I wanted to go to last weekend, and not a single thing on the long-weekend is catching my eye.

4. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

I too missed Halal and Zoi but they used rattle my cage as a youth! Good to see they are back at it! They were two of my faves back in the 90's! also Holger was nice, hot as shit in there though.