• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hockey cuts into my..........

zoo

TRIBE Member
i love taking my girlfriend to the bar to watch hockey!

especially because she can't change the channels there. .

dyad

TRIBE Member
weed is what turned me to the way of the hockey

so smooth be the skating which suits the fluffy head

and gambling. you care so much more about the game when the goals mean something to you

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dyad
weed is what turned me to the way of the hockey

so smooth be the skating which suits the fluffy head

and gambling. you care so much more about the game when the goals mean something to you
You and me can be friends. ;)

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dyad
gambling makes everything interesting... figure skating even...

sports make good dates... I took a girl to a basketball game as our first date... the relationship lasted 2 years... and she hated watching sports...

you need to take boys to hockey games... they will be greatful...

Boo

TRIBE Member
Hockey is just the same as baseball. People used to think it was really imporant, until it was gone, and everything stayed just the same. It will always be popular in major markets in Canada, but its dying a slow death.

...won't someone think of the middle to upper class children struggling to take their 50k SUV's to the local arena at today's gas prices. Then have to lace up in only a few hundred dollars of equipment, because their brother got the expensive stuff, and dad has to pay the $300 public intoxication fine for fighting with another parent.

If it wasn't for the vicarious dad's taking out their frustrations through their 6 year olds who never asked to play the game, the local arenas might not get the few hundred dollars per child they need to survive.

...sarcasmitron overload

kuba

TRIBE Member
I went out on a fabulous date last night - we watched the game 24 rows back. Can safely say it was probably the date of the year.. (really helps she loves hockey.)

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Hockey is just the same as baseball. People used to think it was really imporant, until it was gone, and everything stayed just the same. It will always be popular in major markets in Canada, but its dying a slow death.

...won't someone think of the middle to upper class children struggling to take their 50k SUV's to the local arena at today's gas prices. Then have to lace up in only a few hundred dollars of equipment, because their brother got the expensive stuff, and dad has to pay the $300 public intoxication fine for fighting with another parent.

If it wasn't for the vicarious dad's taking out their frustrations through their 6 year olds who never asked to play the game, the local arenas might not get the few hundred dollars per child they need to survive.

...sarcasmitron overload

LOL!

I could care less that hockey is back. Thankfully only a few of my friends are into it.

patio-d

TRIBE Member
that game last night was one of the best i've seen in years in terms of action. so much dipsy-doodling and slick passing, good goals...
:D I'm so happy hockey is back... (ps. I never have girlfriends.)

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
maybe you didn't get the memo, but hockey is great because it means you can ignore your gf/wife who just won't shut up about repainting the kitchen or putting in a new fireplace because so and so got one, and don't you love me honey?.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by outofcontrol
LOL!

I could care less that hockey is back. Thankfully only a few of my friends are into it.
and you are a commie
get it together grouches,....complaining about hockey in CANADA is like telling americans they cant own guns.....it is a lose lose situation
if u dont like hockey...dont go to sports bars...dont talk to anyone u know, and dont read the paper or watch the news...sorry to break it to ya...but Canada is hockey country

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basketballjones
and you are a commie
get it together grouches,....complaining about hockey in CANADA is like telling americans they cant own guns.....it is a lose lose situation
if u dont like hockey...dont go to sports bars...dont talk to anyone u know, and dont read the paper or watch the news...sorry to break it to ya...but Canada is hockey country

hahahahaha!
I must say you exceed all my thoughts of you with this little bit there...
lol

Most sports bore me. I'd much rather make music, talk to people, or bang your girlfriend because you're watching hockey.

wanker.

Last edited: