1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

History Of Hip-Hop Vol.3 Part III/III: Droppin' Science On The Brain (Get The Bozak!)

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by Illuminati, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

Volume 3 Part 3. Yeah, slamming this last part right into the last one I just posted. So, here we are just wrapping the last of the goodies from what we are going to consider the “Golden Era” in this series of mixes. Not a whole lot to discuss here as the flow pretty much picks up where we left off on the last mix. What we are starting to see is the NEXT slew of artists and crews starting to emerge ie. Brand Nubian, De La, Tribe and Gangstarr and beginning to establish themselves as the next major forces in the game.
    Lyrically and production wise things are still being explored. Lots of sample heavy beats and extensive crate digging are evident on many of the cuts. Really, as we go into the next volume we won’t see a whole lot of change in production and rhyme styles initially. We will see things get a lot more complex and the rise of socially conscience MC at the forefront. I won’t get into too much of that now. Just absorb this and we’ll see you all a little later in the week.

C-Mart - History Of Hip-Hop Vol.3 Part III/III: Droppin' Science On The Brain (Get The Bozak!) - SoundCloud

Mahogany-Eric B & Rakim
    Streets Of New York-Kool G Rap & DJ Polo
    Who’s The Mack?-Ice Cube
    Knick Knack Patty Wack-EPMD
    Love’s Gonna Get ‘Cha-BDP
    Rock This Funky Joint-Poor Righteous Teachers
    Slow Down-Brand Nubian
    The Boomin’ System-LL Cool J
    Can I Kick It-A Tribe Called Quest
    More And More Hits-Nice & Smooth
    Funky Dividends-3 Times Dope
    The Rhythm-Kwame
    Shadrach-The Beastie Boys
    All For One-Brand Nubian
    911 Is A Joke-Public Enemy
    Ladies First-Queen Latifah
    Let The Rhythm Hit ‘Em-Eric B & Rakim
    Say No Go-De La Soul
    What U Waitin’ 4?-The Jungle Brothers
    Milky Cereal-LL Cool J
    Brooklyn Queens-3rd Bass
    Me Myself And I-De la Soul
    Holy Intellect-Poor Righteous Teachers
    Dance For Me-Queen Latifah
    Fight The Power-Public Enemy

2. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

These mixes are coming down soon, so grab them now if you want them.