• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hippies

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Hippies never die, they are just reborn into every generation.

But the hippie van, the VW combi, will go out of production at the end of the year.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I was sad to hear this. I love those vans, i've always wanted one!

Hippies rule, but hipsters must die. Hippies fought for stuff they believed in. Hipsters just fight to get their tight jeans on in the morning.

praktik

TRIBE Member
They totally rolled us on the weed thing:

"when we grow up we are going to free the weed"

(fast forward)

"it's not the same weed! Its so much more potent now - think of the children! "

Bunch of sellouts and a key enabler of rampant consumerism by driving the "cool" juggernaut - they were sellouts even before they sold out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of the first photographs I ever shot. Hippies outside a travel agency in Amsterdam trying to sell their vans for cash to get home or to buy heroin. Must have been early 1970s (Jumbo jet only went into service in 1970!) - I was between 5 - 7 years old I think.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
The Mark II is going but we still have the Touareg (suburban assault vehicle) and the Routan (soccer mom transporter).

erika

TRIBE Member

Hippies rule, but hipsters must die. Hippies fought for stuff they believed in. Hipsters just fight to get their tight jeans on in the morning.
Actually, hippies didn't fit too hard; they were more "tune in, turn on, drop out". It's the yippies who fought for stuff :)

djfear

TRIBE Member

You know what, I fucking hate skinny jeans. Fuck skinny jeans. There, I said it.

All that running, basketball, rowing, etc that I did early in my youth gave me strong legs that are just naturally muscular (especially the calves), and even "straight" fit crap these days is hella tight. My search for raw denim luxury brand jeans has thus far failed. Nobody wants to take my $200+ so I too can join the hipster revolution 5 years too late, so whatever...

I need some cheese and bacon to cheer myself up now.
ch33sebaconpan

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
Actually, hippies didn't fit too hard; they were more "tune in, turn on, drop out". It's the yippies who fought for stuff :)
Ugh that was "fight" not "fit:

You know what, I fucking hate skinny jeans. Fuck skinny jeans. There, I said it.

All that running, basketball, rowing, etc that I did early in my youth gave me strong legs that are just naturally muscular (especially the calves), and even "straight" fit crap these days is hella tight. My search for raw denim luxury brand jeans has thus far failed. Nobody wants to take my $200+ so I too can join the hipster revolution 5 years too late, so whatever...

ch33sebaconpan
Any excuse for bacon, right? :D
Forget about raw denim luxury brands; you need something with some stretch in them to allow for muscles!

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Any excuse for bacon, right? :D
Forget about raw denim luxury brands; you need something with some stretch in them to allow for muscles![/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, go get you some jeggings.

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member

ch33sebaconpan
i'm on the same train man. 10+ years of soccer gives you tree trunks for legs. finding jeans is NEVER fun. I had to replace my last pair (crotch blowout from too much cycling) and it took me nearly 4 months to find a pair that fit (and looked good)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
djfear;4639773 My search for raw denim luxury brand jeans has thus far failed. Nobody wants to take my $200+ so I too can join the hipster revolution 5 years too late said:
Try Naked and Famous' 'Weird Guy' fit, it's a good raw denim but not skinny - just slightly tapered. Their 'Unbranded' discount line of raw denim has the same cuts and quality.

Maui

TRIBE Member
They still do ^^^^

I have to say Hippies may be right about one thing though. After 4 days at Harvest + 2 days of sleeping afterwards (I hit the bed in my clothes, actually after dropping one buddy off my other buddy and I slept in his driveway for 5 hours lol) I went 6 days without showering. That is an all time record and I have to say my skin felt better then it ever has.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
This is one of the first photographs I ever shot. Hippies outside a travel agency in Amsterdam trying to sell their vans for cash to get home or to buy heroin. Must have been early 1970s (Jumbo jet only went into service in 1970!) - I was between 5 - 7 years old I think.

They look closer to modern-day hipsters than hippies.

praktik

TRIBE Member
If the hippie says that not much time is left, that man will soon reap the whirlwind for his corporate machine, poisoning the earth and raping the land...

If the hippie says that there once was a time before, a time of golden innocence that the modern world has made us forget, and that there's a path for us to take to reclaim that lost golden age.

Then tell me why I should see the hippie as anything different than a cooler, patchouli wearin' variant of the End Times Prophets that have been spreading their doomsday warnings for centuries?

Both seem to revel in a deeply dark, foreboding view of the world. Both mourn a mythic age of Eden.

Both feel enlightened for seeing the end others are too ignorant to see.