• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

High School Reunions

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
I received annvite to my high school class of 94 reunion that's supposed to take place this summer. I haven't decided if I'm going yet, but I was wondering if any of you (this would only be applicable to old fogies/cougars on the board) have gone to your high school reunions? good idea? bad idea? funny stories? let's hear em.

My high school was probably one of the worst schools in Mississauga. Last I heard, everyone still worked at Dixie Mall.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
my highschool reunion kicked ass!!!!!!! it was great to see old friends, teachers, neighbours, teammates, etc.

can i come? (will you all be wearing your catholic school kilts?)

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Will, if i decide to go to my reunion, you certainly won't be coming with me. :p

And no, we won't be wearing our kilts. geek.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
my 10 year high school reunion will be next year (god!!! i'm old!!)

and i don't know whether i will go or not.

ran into some of the football guys at element a few weeks ago....so damn funny. they havent' changed but i have soo much. they could n't get over it....

they even wanted me to find them e. god it was funny. i felt like i was in a teen movie!!

:)sarah

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

poker face

TRIBE Member
Holy shit mine will be next year!

I am old and I still act young!

Whenever I think of highschool reunions I think of everyone married with kids!

scary shit!

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
naoms you should TOTALLY go!!!
I'll be all over mine... there is so many people I haven't seen forever that I totally miss.
I'll go with you baby... just to mix it up a bit ;)
plus I'm a way better date then Will :p

you must GO!

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i went to my 5 year highschool reunion 2 or 3 years ago... i just wanted OUT..... it was pretty kife.....

Dave

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
i don't know. (about going)

i hated my high school (when i left).

I lost all my so called friends when i broke up with my high school boyfriend two months before our prom, to which he didn't end up going to. I hung out with his best friends and their girlfriends (there were 6 of us who hung out all the time, very 90210 ish that makes me wanna puke now that i think of it) who all turned their backs on me for *leaving the group*. It was a miserable ending, to say the least. But hey that's in the past, so maybe i'll consider it.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
I remember when my high school renunion took place - I didn't even get an invite. It was held at the Bread and Honey Festival in Streetsville, and there was a massive tent setup - all I saw were 3 teachers in the tent drinking their faces off.

My high school sucked. Only reason I wanted to goto the reunion was to re-tell all the teachers I disliked off.

I wouldn't bother unless you had people or teachers think you were going to be a nobody in the future....then you can tell them to kiss your ass.

A little disgruntled Robot I am.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I would definately go to mine, I didn't get a chance to show them my ass before i left so i have some unfinished business to wrap up, also I'm legal now and there were a few teachers I'd wanna make out with:D ....

Naomi I would go, you've been successful in everyway, brag about it show it off, whatever. Everyone has someone they want to show up, here's your chance so if you do, that would be the perfect time....Just like it happens in the sitcoms!

Kyfe

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
I remember when my high school renunion took place - I didn't even get an invite. It was held at the Bread and Honey Festival in Streetsville, and there was a massive tent setup - all I saw were 3 teachers in the tent drinking their faces off.

My high school sucked. Only reason I wanted to goto the reunion was to re-tell all the teachers I disliked off.

I wouldn't bother unless you had people or teachers think you were going to be a nobody in the future....then you can tell them to kiss your ass.

A little disgruntled Robot I am.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*
Did you go to Streetsville in Mississauga? One of my best friends went there!

Naomi, I think you're the only one who knows whether you should go or not.

This thread reminds me of Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion, lol.

You'd be the equivalent of that successful fashion columnist :D

lol

As for me, I'd probably go to mine just because I want to see how people have changed if at all.

atomic

TRIBE Member
no point on hanging on to any crap that happened years ago. just go and be you, and I'm sure you'll have a great time. besides, these things only come around once anyways.

now where's mine?? this is my 10th year out and I haven't heard anything. :p

vench

TRIBE Promoter
My highschool had a small reunion years ago (it didn't make sense because it was only 3 years or something like that after we graduated). I went and it was an absolute waste of time. The teachers who showed up had little or no interest in seeing their former students and the former students who did show up just stood around like a bunch of zombies.

It was nice to see some old faces (even though it was 3 years removed - which still doesn't make sense to me to this day) but for the most part I wish I had never gone. A lot of the people were drinking excessively and getting high in the bathrooms - just to prove how far they had gone since they left highschool.

If my highschool had a ten year, I'd consider going. But I really didn't like many of the people I went to highschool with, they were all two-faced idiots who used to bother me for listening to house and techno (this was is '91+) and then they decide to take some pills and all of a sudden they "discover" the music. Yeah right.

vench

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I went to 3 different high schools and I didn't graduate from any of them

Got my G.E.D. last year

I guess I won't be getting a call from the reunion committee :(

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
my highschool reunion kicked ass!!!!!!! it was great to see old friends, teachers, neighbours, teammates, etc.
hmmm, no friends in high school, so that reason is out.
the (very few) teachers that i liked are long gone from that hell-hole.
neighbours? wtf does that have to do with a highschool reunion? teammates - well i did play on a couple of the teams (rugby, hockey) and i was in some clubs, but i would fall back to issue number one regarding this.

at best there are half dozen people who i wouldn't mind seeing how they were doing, a few more people who were okay acquaintances - but i probably wouldn't remember their names, the rest i either didn't know or i would only ever want to see their faces again as i stepped down on their throat with my boot heel just before i shot them.

i have kept in touch with nobody from highschool.

i told my alumni organzation to remove me from their lists two years ago.

<---- brebeuf, class of '96

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chiclet

Did you go to Streetsville in Mississauga? One of my best friends went there!
I don't like to brag about it but yeah...I despised that school.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey
the (very few) teachers that i liked are long gone from that hell-hole.
teachers get invited to reunions too.

neighbours? wtf does that have to do with a highschool reunion?
errr ... people who live in the same area (i.e. sometimes called "neighbours" if they live close enough) will often go to the same school. ;)

i saw a whole bunch of ex-neighbours at my highschool reunion. too bad my former baby-sitter, kim truscott, didn't come. i had a bit of a crush on her when i was 5.

<--- class of ... (hold on, lemme get my calculator)

G

Whoa, an old friend of mine went there Ross! Did you know a guy named Mike Kitchell?

G

Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
It was held at the Bread and Honey Festival in Streetsville, and there was a massive tent setup - all I saw were 3 teachers in the tent drinking their faces off.
bwhahaha. That's some high comedy there.

I went to all kinds of B&B festivals in Streetsville.

Did anyone here go to Vista Heights public school? It was at Erin Mills and Britannia or somethin. I went there from K-4.

And I attended 3 high schools, so lots of reunions are coming up. I'm totally gonna go and get drunk on the punch and take some E.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swenard

TRIBE Member
I never finished high school. So, I guess that means I won't get invited to a reunion. But, that has never stopped me from going in the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*walks in the door shirt untucked holding a half empty bottle of booze "where's the par-t?"*

shawn<--still sees most of the old faces from high school.

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer

bwhahaha. That's some high comedy there.

I went to all kinds of B&B festivals in Streetsville.

Did anyone here go to Vista Heights public school? It was at Erin Mills and Britannia or somethin. I went there from K-4.

And I attended 3 high schools, so lots of reunions are coming up. I'm totally gonna go and get drunk on the punch and take some E.
I play basketball out back of vista heights, quite often!
and I used to play baseball there as a kid!

I went to meadowvale s.s.

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

i saw a whole bunch of ex-neighbours at my highschool reunion. too bad my former baby-sitter, kim truscott, didn't come. i had a bit of a crush on her when i was 5.

<--- class of ... (hold on, lemme get my calculator)
my former babysitter killed himself when i was in second year. he went to my highschool (he was in OAC when i was a niner).

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
there are very few people i would like to be reunited with from high school and the ones that i actually care about are the ones i get to see when i go home.

it would be potentially amusing though. i've heard stories.....

G

I would never ever go to a reunion for my school. Now that I think about it I hated everyone there with the exception of about 4-5 people. Even the people from my cirlse of close friends I wouldn't want to see again. fucking toss pots.

I live about a block from there. Steeles and henderson/maxome.

did you know that they tore the school down last week?