• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

High Park - Cherry Blossoms

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Arrived early ready for some chill time in the park. Super Girl was there (cutest kid ever). The promise guys were off to a slow start – seemed like some technical difficulties, but as usual they had everything under control and the birds were chirping in no time.

I didn’t stay for too long so can’t provide much of a review, but I thought this was a perfect place for a little Sunday afternoon picnic.

As an aside, the number of beer cans and reefers I could see and smell were a little too obvious, isn’t it an unspoken rule to keep that shit on the D L. High Park isn’t as ‘private’ (so-to-speak) as the site @ Cherry Beach. Hope the Promise guys weren't stuck with a big mess to clean up.

Poot

TRIBE Member
It was a great day to be in the park yesterday. Dropped in for a couple hours, but had to head out a little after five to make it to the west end for dinner.

On-side with LeoGirl's comments -- given the family element out yesterday, I was a little surprised by the open enjoyment of weed.

Anywho, a couple pics from yesterday --

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Damn! I didn't know about this and I live 2 mins from High Park.:mad:
although from the pics, it seemed like not many others knew about it either.

Poot

TRIBE Member
The pics were taken very early - it got a lot busier later in the afternoon... and most of the crowd was behind us on the hill, not in view.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
How does one get to High Park via TTC? .. wouldnt mind going down there tomorrow for a bit. Looks nice, never been.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
kaniz said:
How does one get to High Park via TTC? .. wouldnt mind going down there tomorrow for a bit. Looks nice, never been.
(from downtown i'm assuming?)

queen streetcar westbound is pretty good along the bottom end of the park. college st. streetcar will also take you there directly into the eastern edge of the park (at howard park rd.) or take the subway to 'high park' station on the bloor/danforth line. ;)

d

djtk

TRIBE Member
that was one super-awesome afternoon--thanks to the promise dudes for the good times! sure was purty watching the breeze blow through the blossoms...looking forward to seeing some more photos.

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
It always amazes me how much of a crowd the Promise guys can muster up and the variety of faces and people in the crowd. If I sent out an email to all my friends and brought a small rig out to the park i would be lucky if 3 people showed up. And I'm pretty sure some soccer mom would call the cops on me too.

Who was with brown Leather Pants man?

I nice afternoon in the sun. I can't wait for Cherry Beach to start up though. :)