• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

High Park Cherry Blossom Watch

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
From Dave (Promise) this afternoon -

CHERRY BLOSSOM in High Park rained out it seems!
We were hoping to visit the park this weekend, but the weather overall is pretty ugh. We suggest you take a walk through there when it's nice out and before all the blossoms blow away, it's a beautiful sight. We may still head there if the weather gets better over the weekend so keep touch, or if there's a nice evening next week before we go to Detroit.

acheron

TRIBE Member
The trees at the edge of the park are already half green (flowers blown away) all this rain is adding up to the shortest blossom window in recent years

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
^ How depressing.

I may still go tomorrow afternoon if the weather holds. My sis is visiting from Trinidad and she's so hyped to see them.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Popped by at around 8:15 this morning... about 20-30 people in the park already.

If you're going to go, go today! The blooms will be all gone by tomorrow morning.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Terrific pics acheron!

We went yesterday, most disappointing cherry blossoms yet, ~10% of the amount we'd normally see. Managed to briefly sit in the sunshine and polish off some sake before the clouds rolled through. The large, fully blossoming magnolia just east of the cherry trees saved the day - by far the most photographed tree of the evening.

acheron

TRIBE Member
This year's cherry blossoms are popping up all over... Across from Robarts Library hit this past weekend, then High Park is about 30% as of this morning.

Techdruid

TRIBE Member
Oh no. This year, why does the full bloom fall on Mother's Day weekend when you're shackled down with the woman? Well, do hope it is enjoyed by all.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I just started wearing glasses and i hate it! only at work.

but seriously. i wish you all a happy time!

:D

(p.s. i just realized i wear a lot of grey...weird)

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
From Dave (Promise):

We'll be visiting the beautiful hillside in High Park tomorrow and watching as the pink cherry tree buds pop and turn into white fluffy blossoms right in front of our faces. The trees are at about 25% right now and should get to 50% over the day - honestly it's that fast!

Come join us to take in this gorgeous phenomenon.

The cherry blossom grove is on the west-facing hillside just west of the Grenadier restaurant. It gets incredibly busy at this time of year, so do everything in your power not to bring a vehicle. The park is such an experience, bring a bike or walk it from High Park subway.

See you at 3pm til sunset.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Was on a tour today - already nice Saturday - showing some good blooms and im sure will be even nicer tomorrow!