1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

High-maintenance and low-maintenance?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MoFo, Oct 4, 2003.

1. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Which one do you consider yourself to be and why? And if you're both, in what areas are you really high-maintenance and really low-maintenance?

2. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

No-Maintenace...

Because I'm single... :D

3. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

4. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

5. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

But, generally.. I'd say low.

6. [EmPress]

[EmPress] TRIBE Member

I would say i am both...

high maintenance because i expect my sig other to listen when i am upset and actually care

low maintenance becasue you can take me to Swiss Chalet for dinner and im a happy camper :D

Leah

7. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Umm, how does that make you high maintenance?

8. funkinbeats

funkinbeats TRIBE Member

low and i prefer my partners to be low maintenance as well.

9. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known TRIBEr

Nobody's going to fucking well admit to being high maintenance!

10. jebac

jebac TRIBE Member

im sorry but i just dont understand the difference between the two... like, those phrases have absolutly no meaning to me

can someone explain?

-jebac

11. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

low - in that i can get ready and look great in ten minutes and i'm happy doing almost anything. my guy took me grocery shopping and was suprised to find that i was delighted to peruse the aisles. i'm also pretty independant and don't need to talk to someone every day; i have my own life - work, school, and lots of friends.

high - in that i can be extremely emotional and overwhelming at times (hey, i'm a girl) and may require a great deal of care, compassion and emotional support. which isn't really a problem unless i'm dating an insensitive jerk. (which i have in the past.)

12. deep

deep TRIBE Member

high maintenance - demanding, insecure, needs things/acts often

low maintenance - not, not, doesn't

13. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Well, high-maintenance means, "one that requires regular aid from outside parties or materialistic elements to fulfill oneself; dependent; needy; extravagant..."

Low-maintenance would mean the opposite, "one who requires the minimal amount of support to sustain or to be content with oneself; adaptable; free-spirited; simplistic; sensible..."

14. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i consider myself a 4.0/10, 10 being high.

15. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

Low... to No.

but.. I am high maintenance when It comes to needing comfort

Jay likes to Cuddle ALOT with his Girly

16. Chubbs

Chubbs TRIBE Member

Im a pretty low maitenance person.

Ignore what others may say ;)

17. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Well, what about in everyday life?

Do you need to sleep in a certain bed? Do you need to take cabs or not go?
    Do you need to have the best drinks, drugs, clothes, places, people to the best time?

That's more what I'm getting at. I wasn't even thinking of relationships.

18. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

...thus explaining the Zits on your feet.

I'm medium maintenance. I don't require a lot... but i sure as hell take my fucking time to do it.

19. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

high maintenance...!

20. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I'll admit it. I am high maintenance. But, I take care of things myself, so I don't depend or rely on others to deal with my needs.

So while I may be high maintenance, I am the one doing all the maintaining. ;)

Cheers ... Ian :)

21. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

-I can sleep anywhere

- Own A car, no cab needed

- don't drink.. it gives me heart burn (prolly from the drugs I used to do)

- Don't do drugs anymore.. I HAD to quit (see above)

- I'm happy with a burger from McDonalds, and could care less about fancy Dinners

- I'm happy with just about anything.. or going anywhere...

so I'm pretty much low then.. just don't brush me off when I talk to ya.. and you're cool with me

22. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Exactly, point of my first post.

But then again, some friends can be high maintenance...

23. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

good point Ian..

I too beleive that I Mantain myself to a certain level of maintenance.. but I'm am not reliant on anyone for my maintenance.

My Girlfriend on the other hand.. she does like to take really good care of her self.. and treat herself.. and have me treat her really well.. but.. hmm.. I still don't consider her High Maintenace.. just because what I do for her some times is not a bother, and I enjoy spoiling her and treating her nice

24. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

given that criteria - very low maintenance.

isn't what you've listed a matter of being elitest/superficial then either high/low maintenance?

25. jebac

jebac TRIBE Member

well i like eating well, smelling nice, looking good, and all those other things, but i dont expect anyone to acquire them for me...

so, middle?

-jebac