• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hide your Thesaurus!

oeretS

TRIBE Member

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
HEY MAN! THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN FREEDOM! IF YOU CAN'T FREEDOM THE POSSIBILITY OF SOMEONE TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM THEN YOU JUST BETTER FREEDOM YOUR ATTITUDE INTO A FREEDOM FRAME OF MIND.

YOU'RE NOT AGAINST FREEDOM, ARE YOU?

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
HEY MAN! THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN FREEDOM! IF YOU CAN'T FREEDOM THE POSSIBILITY OF SOMEONE TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM THEN YOU JUST BETTER FREEDOM YOUR ATTITUDE INTO A FREEDOM FRAME OF MIND.

YOU'RE NOT AGAINST FREEDOM, ARE YOU?
I'm down with Freedom Fries!

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by man_slut
I'm down with Freedom Fries!
Of course you are! How could you not love FREEDOM FRIES? Every time you eat a FREEDOM FRY you are buying a bullet for OPERATION EVERLASTING FREEDOM that gets shot directly into the heart of Osama Bin Laden.

Eat up American! Eat your way to FREEDOM!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
in all likelihood, the FBI circulated a list of many factors that could be considered *suspicious* - i.e. shifty eyes during questions, not having luggage if they are supposed to be tourists, et al.

the almanac factor was probably part of the list.

the writer of that article is just being a goof by making it seem like a big deal.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
the writer of that article is just being a goof by making it seem like a big deal.
Although I agree with you that the source is less than credible making the writer look all the more goofy.

I consider it equally as goofy that carrying an almanac increases your chances of getting detained -regardless of whether or not it's in combination with other items.

In a political climate where the administration reserves the right to throw you in jail indefinitely without access to family, lawyers and without charge, any addition of normal items (such as an almanac) to a list that should 'arouse suspicion' is odious to me.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
This story was widely reported over many new sources, it's not like it was reported soley by some wackjob at a Jamaican daily. According to every story, the focus of the FBI bulletin recieved by the AP was U.S. almanacs.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
This story was widely reported over many new sources, it's not like it was reported soley by some wackjob at a Jamaican daily. According to every story, the focus of the FBI bulletin recieved by the AP was U.S. almanacs.
have any of the articles reprinted the actual memo?

what i SUGGESTED was that some goofy reporter at the associated press saw the memo and wrote a story on it to blow it out of proportion. he called all the almanac people for quotes and the almanac people issued press releases which caused other reporters to write about it.

cops and border guards have ALWAYS had a list of things to look for as "suspicious behaviour". this is nothing new. i'm sure there are other things on the list that would be a whole lot more surprising than the almanac factor.

the article is designed to elicit knee-jerk "holy shit, now i can get arrested for carrying an almanac??? man, the feds are crazy" reactions and that is probably not warranted by the mere fact that the word "almanac" is on a list of suspicious behavious tips.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
I consider it equally as goofy that carrying an almanac increases your chances of getting detained -regardless of whether or not it's in combination with other items.
being a single male increases your chances of being detained.

not having a fixed residence increases your chances of being detained.

not having luggage or a list of friends that you plan to visit increases your chances of being detained.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
carrying a crate of happy hardcore records increases your chances of being detained.

being dressed in a silver body suit, with a silver cape, increases your chances of being detained.

wearing an iron chef hat with sparklers attached to it increases your chances of being detained.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Stockpiling 50+ pizza pizza boxes increases your chances of being detained.

Returning 20 cases of empties at a time increases your chances of being detained.

Having less usable freezer space then "freezer frost" build-up increases your chances of being detained.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Maybe you don't understand what I mean by "detained".

Ask the folks at Guantanamo what I mean.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Maybe you don't understand what I mean by "detained".

Ask the folks at Guantanamo what I mean.
i know what you meant by "detained".

You see, we live in a world that has walls and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it, you? They have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for the almanac people and you curse the almanac-haters. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know: That almanac-discrimination, while tragic, probably saves lives.

And almanac-banning, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth, because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want them on that wall. You NEED them on that wall.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Since you like quotes..

""the power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian governments."

-Theodore Roosevelt's response when presented with the option of jailing those in the name of "national security"at the very height of the second world war when Great Britain was suffering horriblly at the hand of the Nazi war machine.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders