• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hey Tribers, are you colour blind?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
Actually it tests right brain accuity vs left brain. one side reads the word the other scans the color. the dominant one is the side u choose

no it doesn't. keep studying buddy.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
If you want to get 100%, merely SAY OUT LOUD what colour the word is before clicking.

If you want to get 0%, READ the word out before clicking.

It tests nothing except your ability to be able to figure out how to get 0% or 100%

As usual, I win.

RhesusMonkey

TRIBE Member
Women can't be colour blind. It's a genetic trait carried on the male gene.
Actually no, it is a genetic trait carried by women that they pass down to their male offspring.

Interesting fact #2: Women who have colour-blind children are actually mutants themselves, in that they have an 'extra' type of colour-receptor in their eyes, that is sensetive to frequencies between red and green. like yellow. colour-blindness is the absense of one of these receptors, hence the difficulty in discerning between red and green.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
before i take the test, i will say yes... i am indeed colourblind... technically.

I have a rare condition referred to as "Anomalous Trichromatism". In my case, it causes me to be unable to discern purple from blue, and green from yellow... unless i have something to compare with. Yellow like... :) <== that, i know is yellow... but ummm... i have nothing to show.... a "darker' yellow will appear to me as green.
Blue and Purple... ugh...

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
100%
I am not easily fooled by crap like that.

Both women and men carry the gene, however men have colour blindness more often because the gene is carried on the X chromosome, and the Y chromosome lacks the correction that a 2nd X cromosome would have.

Women having colourblindness is an extreme rarity... about 1 in 100,000 have it. Whereas 1 man in 100 will be colourblind (fully) and 1 in 10 will have some sort of colour-blindness-like disorder

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 416
OH DOUBLE SNAP!

ohsnap.gif

ohsnap2.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
1 in 10 will have some sort of colour-blindness-like disorder

that would more accurately describe my brother as well. he can't discern between navy blue, black, grey and brown and some darker shades of green.
he also has trouble with the really light shades, like white, beige, ash grey etc.
the bright ones are fine for him though.
would this also be considered Anomalous Trichromatism?

RhesusMonkey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
that would more accurately describe my brother as well. he can't discern between navy blue, black, grey and brown and some darker shades of green.
he also has trouble with the really light shades, like white, beige, ash grey etc.
the bright ones are fine for him though.
would this also be considered Anomalous Trichromatism?
I believe that's called "being male" :p

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
here's a rather crappy definition:
Anomalous Trichromatism - A defect in colour perception in which there appears to be an abnormality or deficiency in one of the three primary pigments of the retinal cones.

In your brother's case... It's as Rhesus said... he's male.
What the fuck is ash gray? Is that like Fuchsia? or "ecru" or...

Actually... if he has that problems that bad, he's probably a monochromat or dichromat. I can't say exactly cause i'm not a doctor. but that is a wide range. He can see yellows, oranges, and reds okay?