• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

hey Ottawa Tribe peeps! wanna go dancing this weekend?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
hello to all the tribers in the national capital region!
i recently moved back to nepean and plan on hitting the town this weekend.
i have convinced my remaining 3 girlfriends (i am so popular) to go out on saturday night, but we haven't decided where were are heading.
anyone have any good suggestions?
these girls aren't particularly into the ravey gravy so we usually end up going somewhere that i totally hate like Whiskey Bar but i have already vetoed that place.

anyway, i was just wondering what the ottawa folks are doing this weekend and if anyone wanted to join me in my attempt to have fun at a club in this godforsaken town!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Helsinki or Surface.

I like going to the Collection/56 for some martini's then ask around what's good on that night.

MTL is often fun upstairs and has had some wikid house going on.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
*shakes fist*

Damnit! Why do Ottawa Tribe get-togethers always take place when I am out of town for the weekend? I am heading back to Niagara for a bridesmaid dress fitting this weekend. Otherwise, I would gladly attend Helsinki or Surface with you.

Check out xvi.com for even listings.

grrrr...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
i would *gladly* join, but sadly, this girl can not dance anymore. :(

but Rataxès, m0ff, and i are working on having a ottawa tribers get-together (à la toronto tribers' Salad King gatherings), sometime in june... a thread *will* be created, once plans are even slightly in motion!! (and we'll try to give you ample warning, Persephone!)

have fun!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
lol my friend has already vetoed Helsinki (which i haven't even been to since it was the Well).
this does not bode well for my weekend. hoochie bar, here i come!

and grumblegirl, please keep me posted on that ottawa meet up. i would be very keen to come along.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
hello to all the tribers in the national capital region!
i recently moved back to nepean
Is this a thinly-veiled attempt to spend time with Baby Retaxes?

hmmmm?

Booty Bits said:
i have convinced my remaining 3 girlfriends to go out on saturday night
I bet you've even had a fake ID commissioned for him!

m0ff

TRIBE Member
Awwwww I would sooo come out but I'm actually taking off to my cottage for the weekend. :(
However, we'll get a definite date down for June and we'll all have a big hurrah. :D

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i have a feeling that bouncers usually don't let a patron into their establishment if the patron in question can't stop drooling all over himself, regardless of how spiffy his sweater vest is!

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
i have a feeling that bouncers usually don't let a patron into their establishment if the patron in question can't stop drooling all over himself, regardless of how spiffy his sweater vest is!
True. And he does puke like a frat boy and frequently piss in his pants for no apparent reason. Ergo, we may need to go to Gatineau (nee Hull) for him to get into a bar.

ps. I've added extra alligators to the moat just in case you are having baby stealing ideas.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Rataxès said:
ps. I've added extra alligators to the moat just in case you are having baby stealing ideas.
psssttt! booty bits and m0ff - he'll be at my place on friday afternoon... unguarded, except by me... we could share him... *evil grin*

Kevan Duke

TRIBE Member
FYI Booty Bits, I'm playing at MTL this thursday night (it's a female dj night so I'll be "appropriately" attired for the occasion), at Helsinki on Saturday night... and then AGAIN at Sundaze after-after-hours on Sunday afternoon!
So if you don't come visit me at least ONE of those times, I'll be verra verra sad.... ;)

dstarr

TRIBE Member
SOCIAL is also a good place to start... they have a nice lounge type atmosphere (and the food is pretty good too). There should be a dj playing tunes on Friday and Saturday night.

If Helsinki is vetoed (which doesn't look good for you) then you can try Surface but I think it's a bit more ravey that you're friends want. That would have been the place I recommended.

Mercury Lounge sounds like it might be your best bet. Tunes can be hit and miss but I've had some hilarious nights there roasting cones on the dancefloor and wailing on the congas.

I don't really recommend Foundation. It's nice... but "older".

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Persephone

TRIBE Member
I am so down for a Salad King-esque get together. And so far I am only busy the weekend of the 17th in June (and these plans cannot change, it is my 5-year anniversary with my tribe-man).

argh...some days I hate how for in advance my life is planned.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
primal, you've been hiding under a rock, is where you've been! you need to actually communicate with people in order to keep tabs on them!!!
but never fear, i have only relocated for a couple of months. i will be moving back to toronto at which point you can continue to be incommunicado anyway :p

dstarr said:
I don't really recommend Foundation. It's nice... but "older".

haha its funny you mention foundation cuz thats the place that the helsinki-veto person suggested!

i thought this event looked potentially interesting:

anyone ever been to that joint?

but really, i think i should just give up on trying to get my friends to go anywhere that i would like the music or atmosphere...we are just on different wavelengths in that regard.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
(it's a female dj night so I'll be "appropriately" attired for the occasion)
dude...i leave you alone for a few months and you're dressing in drag again?......I thought you went to ottawa to get away from that scene!