• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hey Mixmag Haters

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
Say what you will about the decline of Mixmag - this month's cd is a pretty decent banging set from Eddie Halliwell IMO. Also as usual there are some worthwhile album and track reviews. I got value for my $12.95.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
definitely ew :) ...

actually i miss the old days of waiting patiently for the new muzik & mixmag to come out --- so to make this thread worthwhile -- what are your favourite mixmag cds?

mine would be the junkie xl / charile may mix technodubfest --- great tracks and definitely worth the price of mixmag that month ---

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
definitely ew :) ...

actually i miss the old days of waiting patiently for the new muzik & mixmag to come out --- so to make this thread worthwhile -- what are your favourite mixmag cds?

mine would be the junkie xl / charile may mix technodubfest --- great tracks and definitely worth the price of mixmag that month ---
NICK FANCUILLI !!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
The way I look at it, you're paying about just over 10 bucks for a cd, and you get the bonus of having a magazine that you can add to the shitter reading pile in the bathroom. That's pretty much straight where the magazine goes once I get home with it.

As for favourite mixes, I really enjoyed the Yoda mixes as well as some of the other ones like Danny Howell's Nocturnal Frequencies and a few others. The Timo Maas Dirty Trancing was also really good.

jazzsax

TRIBE Member
mixmag was a great read when you were high way back in the late 90's... after that when the pills went to shit it wasn't so cool to read. go figure!

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
i know this is supposed to be a mixmag cd, but my favourite cd came with a Muzik mag.

danny howells nocturnal frequencies anthology.

edit - i just read el presidentes post, i also have/like the timo mass dirty trancing one.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
my fave mixmag cd would be: sander kleinenberg - tranceglobal airways

oh actually that jon carter acid house one from a few years ago is allright.

and i do owe a certain mixmag photographer a drink or 500 for rescuing me once haha.

other than that, the magazine went to hell in a handbasket a long time ago.

ps. i think the junkie xl/charlie may one came with ministry magazine...yes, yes it did cos i just checked my copy.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
best mix i got from a magazine was dj disciple us garage from M8 magazine, never really liked that style of music but that cd kicked major ass, wish i still had it, was in the summer of 2000

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mandapanda
i forgot about that cd, its wicked!

i had it until a year ago, then it mysteriously disappeared.

mandapanda...do you have that one ripped?
if so, can you send it to me?

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basketballjones
best mix i got from a magazine was dj disciple us garage from M8 magazine, never really liked that style of music but that cd kicked major ass, wish i still had it, was in the summer of 2000
fuck I <3 Disciple.
big, smiling happy black man.
saw him at Industry and System
he needs to comeback from whatever he does these days.

lockedgruv

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mandapanda

hell ya!!

this is the one with Hipp-E "DOWN ON ME" right???

i think Red Jerry did a MUZIK mag cd "Late Night Driving" that kicked ass as well

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
Add to my list the Cass mix done for mixmag. That was freaking awesome.

i was just thinking about that one.. unfortunately mine disappeared a long time ago.. all i have to remember it by is an empty case...

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lockedgruv
i think Red Jerry did a MUZIK mag cd "Late Night Driving" that kicked ass as well
Yep, that one's dark and twisted. Love it!

Also worth mentioning -

Lawler's "homelands" on Ministry.

And my fave - Hernan Cattaneo's "deep funky 'n tribal" also from Ministry.

Going to pull out my free cds now and give them a listen, I'm feeling all nostalgic. Good thread.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Some of my recent favourites from Mixmag that are not currently being used as coasters:

Sound of Ibiza 2004 - Carl Cox
Party Detonator - Eric Prydz
Pete Tong's Future Classics #2
Ibiza 4AM - Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso
Weekened Warmup 2005 - Tom Middleton
Minimal Explosion - Loco Dice