• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hey Breaks Producers...

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Seriously,someone needs to do a remix of Dire Straits-So Far Away From Me,go listen to the song and tell me different,it would be ill.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Simon_Paul

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DaPhatConductor
Yea, enuf with the bootlegs already...
No, no....enough with the SHITTY bootlegs. Bootlegs are great if they're not kife
Examples:
a) the same tune remixed 100 times
b) a tune that's so retarded it should never have been recorded in the first place let alone remixed into breaks
c) the original tune untouched than layered with a straight-sampled beat ripped right from another record
d) Anything by Simon Paul....oops...wait, no he's Ok I meant the Phat Conductor....if that IS his real name ;)

SP

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
^^^^ Hey Simon....what's the deal dude ??? I need some more records. Any info/idea when somethin from you will be gettin to us???
Dave

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
Some songs are dying to be bootleged (or remixed legit) like "magic carpet ride" I sooo predictated the remix crystal method did.......i even said "someone should do a breaks remix of that far before it was done. Not to say the original isnt funkadelic enogh to begin with..
I'm not a DJ or anything but I think bootleggs are a great way for DJ's and breaks heads alike to turn people on to the sound. Thats the thing about the new type of production coming out ... it has so many elements from other genres and eras that if presented properly could (and should) get just about any demograh or crowd diggin the sound and tearin up the floor. Speaking of boots anyone hear the terminal head remix of brintey and madona me against the music, now i bet that could even work on a top 40 crowd

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Simon_Paul

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
^^^^ Hey Simon....what's the deal dude ??? I need some more records. Any info/idea when somethin from you will be gettin to us???
Dave
I have some things in the works. I have a few tracks all ready to go. Just working out the best way to get them out there. I'll let you know when it's time...thanks for the support!!

SP

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
well a hijack has occured,but all i wanted was some producers to listen to the Dire Straits song and tell me what they thought,yes,no,possibly anything.I was listening to it on NYE and thought wow if this was stripped down,except for the slide and you added the elements it would be hype.The lyrics would be great in that context.

Simon_Paul

TRIBE Member
^^^ Haha...sorry OhNo!:) . It wasn't a total Hijack though...you wanted someone to do a bootleg of a track and people were responding to the market currently being saturated with bootlegs and discussing how they felt aboot it.

I'll respond to your original post.
I know the song your talking about quite well and I DO love a good bootleg, especially older rock tunes...however, I personally wouldn't do it. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea. I see the parts in the song that are probably your reason/interest for wanting to hear it remixed breaks. I love remixing tracks but this one just doesn't meet my criteria for wanting to bootleg it.

I'm sure someone else would think it's a good idea.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
Dave
i've been priveledged enough to hear some o' simon's new shite. wowy zowy. if the bastard ever got around to releasing his tracks we'd all be much happier...:p

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hispeeddub
Some songs are dying to be bootleged (or remixed legit) like "magic carpet ride"
just my opinion, but..

magic carpet ride original = great choon

remix = barf

why does everyone like it¿!

the crystal method version is ok, but it doesn't sound like they put much effort into it. it’s basically a harder beat layered over the original track, with some annoying scratches and cheesy delay effects..

i'm really feelin' my man j-mat's electric monkey mix, nearly flawless, and gets loads of play over here:p, but perhaps if it was mine, i may have left out one track..
although by no means the worst bootie i've heard recently, the new breaks rerub would be great if they left out the sped up steppenwolf samples.. which, considering it's a steppenwolf remix, maybe isn't such a good thing. people have to learn that there are limits to how much you can speed something up.. although i'm quite fond of chipmunks, they belong in trees with nuts, not on my records.. though, admittedly, mayhaps the odd time i do enjoy it when they meander onto my records, cute n' fuzzy as they are.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders