• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hey all you fps heads (Pete, Deep, Fife etc.)

silver1

TRIBE Member
I know you guys love your fps games. The blood, the crazy explosions, the sniper rifles, the pistol whipping.

These games sport the "ultra realism" factor in playing "war".

But what would your thoughts be on a Cel-Shaded fps (i.e. looks like a cartoon)?

Here are some screen shots:

In your opinion, would you enjoy an fps like this if it played the same as the stuff you're used to (MOH, SOF etc.) or would the stylistic difference be a turn off.

Just curious.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Interesting... it could be cool. I'd have to see more of it.

And then of course sometimes even the nicest looking games still play like crap.

But if they put together a game like you're showing here, and it had the whole package I don't see why I wouldn't want to play it. :)

Pete

silver1

TRIBE Member
^^^^^

Wait till "Cel-Da" comes out then. It will set the new standard for Cel-shaded games.

Try this "Link" out (pun intended).

Early in game footage of the upcoming Legend of Zelda release.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Cool. I like the idea.

Jet Grind Radio was an awesome game and I loved the graphics in that baby!

That was the reason I bought a Dreamcast.

Now it looks like I have a reason to buy an X-Box.

deep

TRIBE Member
Have you played Oni silver1? I think it's along those lines. I've never played games like that.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
Have you played Oni silver1? I think it's along those lines. I've never played games like that.
Nope. Haven't played it. I got sick of fps games about 3 years ago (played Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake2 etc to death).

Strategy games are what flaot my boat now.

Heroes IV OWNS! :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1

Nope. Haven't played it. I got sick of fps games about 3 years ago (played Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake2 etc to death).

Strategy games are what flaot my boat now.

Heroes IV OWNS! :)
I on the other hand have never played a stratemagy game. Although some kind of thinking game like Myst III sounds intriguing. I think my affinity for shooting people has to do with my skin color.

silver1

TRIBE Member

I on the other hand have never played a stratemagy game. Although some kind of thinking game like Myst III sounds intriguing. I think my affinity for shooting people has to do with my skin color.
Take your hate crimes out of my thread! HATE CRIMES!!!!! ;)

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1

Take your hate crimes out of my thread! HATE CRIMES!!!!! ;)
hehehe

would you have any reccomendations along the thinking games line? something that involves creativity / analysis / problem solving (way to be specific deep)...and possibly dismembering someone with an assault rifle

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
So far Dungeon Siege is pretty low on the problem solving. Go to this town... hack your way there. Now go to another town, hack your way there. Oh, you need to take an alternate route, better expect to do some hacking.

But still so sweet... (even though there are no rifles)

Pete

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member

hehehe

would you have any reccomendations along the thinking games line? something that involves creativity / analysis / problem solving (way to be specific deep)...and possibly dismembering someone with an assault rifle
For puzzle solving games, the Myst series were great. A little too great thought.

The puzzles in Myst were damned near impossible (had to reference the walkerthrough many times throughout). It was by far the most difficult game I've ever played.

I don't really play puzzle type games so I don't know what else to recommend.

Heroes IV is a turn based strategy game. In the world of dominating RTS games, it's a wonderful breath of fresh air to have a quality turn based game still coming out on the market. Gives you time to strategize like in a game of chess. So many different ways to play (how to construct your army, what kind of heroes to include, how to fight your battles, raise a more "might" or "magic" based army etc.)