• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Heretics of Dune

swilly

TRIBE Member
i am thinking about reading this book but...... i really didint like God emperor of dune i thought it was a bit drawn out and skipped several chapters because i got bored and i read academic journals for fun. So that should be indicitive of how boring some of it was.
Point being how is heretics of Dune?

Or anyone else read the new books about house atredies and house harkonenen by frank herberts son

cheers
william

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
Craptacular.......
that is what i kinda thought to be honest. Everything after children of dune sucks even children of dune was a bit blassizez in my opinion

oh well what about the books on house atredies
william

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kodos

TRIBE Member
...and the original computer game wasn't too shabby either. I wonder why this is the only pic I can find on the net:

bambam

TRIBE Member
i didnt know it was frank herberts son writing them...though i probably sould have figured...that explains a lot...the original was the only really good one (i think)

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
On an unrelated note, DarK Tower V : The Wolves of Calla kicked ass.
I liked it better the first time around when it was called Seven Samurai.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
You guys are being too hard I think.

The second book is worth reading otherwise you assume that Paul is the man, when really, he's just the beginning.

I liked Children of Dune a lot actually.

I understand your frustration with God Emperor of Dune, it is very long and preachy.

The end is great, although you could probably cut the book down to 50 - 75 pages.

I am also debating reading the next few books.
I have the house Atreides book, but havn't cracked it yet.