1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Here sports fans: snort this!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by erika, Jul 5, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Nothing to snort at: Colombian authorities find World Cup trophy made of cocaine at airport (from Canadian Press)

BOGOTA - Fans worldwide have fashioned replicas of the World Cup trophy out of everything from papier-mache to plastic. But a lawbreaker in Colombia gets top prize for most original material: cocaine.

Airports anti-drug chief Col. Jose Piedrahita says that Colombian authorities found the unusual statue during a routine security check by anti-drug agents Friday in a mail warehouse at Bogota's international airport.

The 36-centimetre-high (14-inch-high) statue was inside a box headed for Madrid, Spain. The statue was painted gold with green stripes on the base.

Piedrahita said Saturday that laboratory tests confirmed the cup was made of 11 kilos (24 pounds) of cocaine mixed with acetone or gasoline to make it mouldable.

2. ian

ian TRIBE Member

I'm guessing it was addressed to Maradona. . . sort of a consolation prize.

3. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

It bears repeating one time:

[​IMG]

Maradonna is an accomplished Cocozalist

4. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

cocaine mixed with gasoline. reminds me of a james bond movie.

5. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

supposedly a lot of it is. just another reason why it'll kill ya.

6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]IYEMa465re0#t=22s[/YOUTUBE]

7. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

C'mon.. This thread isn't about sports. :confused:

It's like putting the 'Tiger Cheating' in the sports thread because he plays golf.

8. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    You're absolutely right! And I would like to note that I posted it in the main forum, but alexd once again arbitrarily decided to put it here where it does not belong :(

9. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

he probably didnt even read it and just saw the title.
    but its useless without pics anyway :p

10. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member