• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

helping your dumb friends text message

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
This is the 2nd time I've met someone, and with wireless text messaging they are like

"Well, I have it, but I don't know how to use it..."

I explain to them that with Rogers (what I'm on), it's your_num@pcs.rogers.com

So wut is it with Bell?
and Fido?
others?

Balzz

TRIBE Member
You shouldn't call your friends dumb since you don't know that text messaging does not require an email address.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I had it for 6 months and never learned. And cancelled it.

It's one of those extra things that I don't want to be bogged down with. It was bad enough that I got a phone.
But with faxing, emailing, messaging, ICQing, MSNing, cell phone, landline, workline, work messaging, network email, school email, school registry systems etc etc etc... it's just too much.

Communication overload.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
HA

last weekend I realized this guy I know has the same phone as me... we were talking about how it's pice of shit and then he mentions how his couldn't even send text messages but could receive them... he dind't notice the button that said web on it

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
What?????????

This thread makes me laugh. The older phones had text messaging capabilities on the web. My old Kyocera phone was similar, where I had to log on to send, but I could receive no problem without having to go online. The newer phones have a messages feature where you can text message without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money on browsing their web.

I think what adorablehomeboy is trying to ask is who has an email address with their wireless service?... meaning who can send text messages from a computer? Fuck I can't explain this. I quit.

Psyklone

squirrely

TRIBE Member
ok. BIG pet peeve: people who text constantly even when they are hanging out with real live people.

sitting in a movie theatre? texting.
eating at a restaurant? texting.
fucking you up the ass? texting.

(alright, maybe not that last one, but SERIOUSLY. ugh. so rude.)

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Text messages are good because you can get to the fucking point with a simple message.

It's also fun for sending dirty messages to girls. ;)

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by djcyclone
What?????????

I think what adorablehomeboy is trying to ask is who has an email address with their wireless service?... meaning who can send text messages from a computer? Fuck I can't explain this. I quit.

See!!!

I am at a higher level of dumb, did I forget to explain that Balzz? Whoops, see, I am dumb.

But if you are at a computer, and want to email someone some text, you gotta know the email address to their phone.

Unless they have yours and you reply to them, but putting in the reply number that appears as an addy doesn't work.

Frig, maybe I should bump this monday morning for all the 'smart' daytime office people to see.

Dumb afternoon Tribers :p

Why aren't you getting ready for System tonight anyways?????

swilly

TRIBE Member
i hate people who dont know how to use text messging

It is the best thing for when you are out or in the night club and lost.
also its cheaper and easier then checking voice mail and if you smart about it you dont need call display as the number is already displayed with your text message.

If you lose everyone you cant ring them up but you can send a text in 2 seconds and they can tell you where you are.

Same thing if you want to say something but its too loud then send a text message your sorted.

Also people who dont know how to use predictive text functions make me mental as well. Its easy just spell the word like you would think it should be spelt and it does it for you.

Hence predictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to catch up on this field here guyz honestly at least jebec and q-tip seem to be profecient users

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
ok. BIG pet peeve: people who text constantly even when they are hanging out with real live people.

sitting in a movie theatre? texting.
eating at a restaurant? texting.
fucking you up the ass? texting.

(alright, maybe not that last one, but SERIOUSLY. ugh. so rude.)

well its more polite then chatting away on your phone isnt it

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
i hate people who dont know how to use text messging

It is the best thing for when you are out or in the night club and lost.
also its cheaper and easier then checking voice mail and if you smart about it you dont need call display as the number is already displayed with your text message.

If you lose everyone you cant ring them up but you can send a text in 2 seconds and they can tell you where you are.

Same thing if you want to say something but its too loud then send a text message your sorted.

Also people who dont know how to use predictive text functions make me mental as well. Its easy just spell the word like you would think it should be spelt and it does it for you.

Hence predictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to catch up on this field here guyz honestly at least jebec and q-tip seem to be profecient users

swilly

You are sooo right. Try finding your friends at Kool Haus without text messaging.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK
You are sooo right. Try finding your friends at Kool Haus without text messaging.

you cant!!!!
same thing as any large festivals
i would of been screwed had it not been for my nokia as i can get lost 20x20 room if it is dark. As many who know me can attest

swilly

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
The last time I lost my friends at a party was at Freakin 98 at the CNE, 100,000 square feet and 15,000 people.

I can't imagine losing them in Kool Haus!

I think you guys are just justifying the rampant use of cell phones here!

:p

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
I think you guys are just justifying the rampant use of cell phones here!

:p

Well... as a self-proclaimed text-junkie i admit that i often go a little overboard (~300/month).
That being said, my boss travels a lot and it's MUCH cheaper to send text msgs overseas than just dialing mobile-mobile.

L

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
mad props to my homegirl Smiley Jo

http://www.txt.bellmobility.ca/img/sms/general/outbox/enterPhoneNumber.html

How does an "Alias" work?

An alias is like a nickname that can be used instead of your phone number in your Bell Mobility e-mail address.

For example, if you choose "tiger" as your alias, your address becomes tiger@txt.bellmobility.ca.

Does my Alias replace my Bell Mobility e-mail address?

A. No. You have the option of using either your digital PCS phone number@txt.bellmobility.ca or your alias@txt.bellmobility.ca as your e-mail address for messages sent to your PCS phone.

Originally posted by Metal Morphosis
<your number>@txt.bellmobility.ca

big ups MM too

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK

Like, oh my god. Maybe if your friends weren't busy text-messaging each other or other people, they would notice that they wandered off without you to do coke.

Like, oh my god.

DRUNK AND BELIGERENT!