• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help?

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
I accidentally downloaded HOTBAR to my Outlook, so I deleted it. But for some reason, the Hotbar still shows up every time I open up Explorer.

How the hell do i get rid of it PERMANENTLY? So far I've just been rightclicking the bar to hide it every time i see it, and it's getting super annoying.

:( any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
SpyBot Search & Destroy.

Then you come and get the Video Games you've delayed picking up for 2 weeks.

pr0nstar :D

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Go to your control panel on your computer (if you don't know how let me know) and choose Add / Delete programs. Then go thru the list of programs and Delete the ones related to the program you want to get rid of.

Usually the related program items are similarly named but sometimes they try to be sneaky so it's hard to find them i.e. hard to delete them.

Warning: don't delete things if you don't know what they are. You can find out what they are by searching them out a bit i.e. looking at the related program files and seeing what they open up as et.c

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
Go to your control panel on your computer (if you don't know how let me know) and choose Add / Delete programs. Then go thru the list of programs and Delete the ones related to the program you want to get rid of.

Hotbar is spyware, so it's harder to kill than a fucking cock-a-roach. You can't uninstall it through regular means. You gotta nuke that fucker with ad-aware or spybot.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones

that's what i did - and it got rid of it in my Outlook, but not Explorer.

what's this spybot thingie and how do i use it to get rid of hotbar?

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
SpyBot Search & Destroy.

Then you come and get the Video Games you've delayed picking up for 2 weeks.

pr0nstar :D

You might have to be prepared to pay though. When I downloaded spybot it asked me to pay when it had detected all the spyware programs. Luckily one of my co-workers had it on disk and I didn't have to pay in the end.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Okay, this is what it tells me:

Version 3 of the software leave some mess behind in the registry, which you can clean up by running regedit if you want. Keys you can delete:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hotbar
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Hotbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hotbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\B195B3B3-8A05-11D3-97A4-0004ACA6948E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform\Hotbar 3.0

How do i delete these keys?

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Did you download SpyBot Search & Destroy from teh link I posted?

It will do all that crap for you.

And please, do not touch your registry if you dont' know what you're doing exactly.

you computer can end up very worthless with the touch of one wrong key ;)

pr0nstar

deep

TRIBE Member
nommers, try using spybot and adaware as suggested, between them they should get rid of it for you without you having to muck about in the registry.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
okay so i dl'ed spybot, then it brought me to 4 options - hesstia, tucows, and 2 others. I clicked on the first one - went thru the process and restarted as asked, and NOTHING. Stupid hotbar is still there.

i am cursing the person who sent me a valentine's card via outlook with that stupid hotbar link. curses tenfold!!

AshG

careful with spybot.
it will erase a lot more than just hotbar if you're not paying attention to the details.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
okay so i dl'ed spybot, then it brought me to 4 options - hesstia, tucows, and 2 others. I clicked on the first one - went thru the process and restarted as asked, and NOTHING. Stupid hotbar is still there.

i am cursing the person who sent me a valentine's card via outlook with that stupid hotbar link. curses tenfold!!

did you remove all the things it found and not just the first thing?

make sure you update the definitions that spyboy uses (check for updates button in the program) so that it can scans for everything possible...but if you just downloaded it, it probably has the latest definitions.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Libradragon
yay i think i got it - thank you spyhunter.

OH MY GOD THIS SUCKS!

it says free download, so i downloaded it. It scanned everything and found all the hotbar shit for me, and when i go click to remove it tells me i have to purchase it in order to remove!

I HATE THIS SHIT

zoo

TRIBE Member
LIBRAD it seems you downloaded a rip-off version that asks you to pay, it's not made by the Spybot people.