• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

***~HELP! Would anyone like a DOG?***~

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Very sad news for my family :(.... unfortunately my oldest brother is unable to keep his dog Sydney...she is such a beautiful animal- half border collie, half aussie sheppard! She is just over 3yrs old, very well trained and absolutely the most amazing, loving animal- I would really like to see her go to a good home.

Please if anyone would like to take her PM me asap! Thanks.

~Lori

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Why can't he keep her Lori? It breaks my heart when people get animals and then decide they don't want to keep them. poor animals.:( I hope she goes to a good home.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
It basically has to do with his living situation- she is the type of dog that needs quite a bit of exercise.... my brother and sister-in-law just don't have the time for her anymore (they have a toddler and newborn) I'm so heartbroken....I love this dog very much, I wish I could keep her myself but I live in a shoebox downtown :(

~Lori

Torso

TRIBE Member
I can vouch for Australian Sheppards, beautiful and intelligent dogs. That sounds like a really beautiful mix, Lori, perfect family dog... too bad your bro can't keep her.

Gentlemen, you should know that having a dog attracts women to you tenfold. Sit out on a sidewalk cafe in the Beaches with a coffee, a newspaper, and your dog, and you'll find yourself surrounded by women.;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
I really wish people would think before they get animals.
Well I haven't quite explained full details...being as it's of nobodys business- there are reasons that were beyond his control.

I also wish people would think before making rude assumptions. My brother would do anything to keep this dog -he is extremely heart broken as well :(

Torso

TRIBE Member
I really wish people would think before they get animals.
I think Lori's bro is thinking now, in having to give up a member of his family... it's got to be heartbreaking.

All reasons that he should have thought could be issues before getting the dog.

Don't get all in a snit because your bro didn't think before he made his decision.

All animals require time and energy, and it's not fair to get them when your life can accommodate them, but not think ahead 10 years to a time when your life will not afford them the time that they need.

Look at the humane society - the explanations for a good portion of the animals there should simply read the same as your brother's poor dog - "I simply didn't think before I bought this animal".

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
All animals require time and energy...
Homo sapiens require more than Canis domesticus... which is what the caregiver Homo sapiens often forget, since their temporal sense doesn't really extend further than 6 months.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Excuse me?

I didn't really want to post this on Tribe because it's none of ANYONE'S concern but the main reason being was that my brother got laid off work (he's in the computer industry)! They had to move into my parent's house to save up enough money because they just had there second child in September...and there is no room for a dog at my parents house. Sydney is the type of dog that requires a lot of attention and exercise and being stuck in a small basement is not a very good life for her...he doesnt want to get rid of her, he wants to give her a better life.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
All reasons that he should have thought could be issues before getting the dog.

Don't get all in a snit because your bro didn't think before he made his decision.

All animals require time and energy, and it's not fair to get them when your life can accommodate them, but not think ahead 10 years to a time when your life will not afford them the time that they need.

Look at the humane society - the explanations for a good portion of the animals there should simply read the same as your brother's poor dog - "I simply didn't think before I bought this animal".
I 100% agree with Val. I couldn't imagine giving up one of my babies for any reason. If you can't make a commitment to the kitty/doggy for the next 10-15 years, don't get one...it's not fair.

However, Lori I wish this doggy all the best!:)

Maxine

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
i don't think people should judge b4 knowing the story.

Yes, animals do need lots of attention, care, space to play. But im sure the situation was not expected and they are trying to solve it as best they can.

Good luck, hope someone can take the dog....if even till your brother gets back on his feet.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PolishPrincess
i don't think people should judge b4 knowing the story.

Yes, animals do need lots of attention, care, space to play. But im sure the situation was not expected and they are trying to solve it as best they can.

Good luck, hope someone can take the dog....if even till your brother gets back on his feet.
thankyou :)

You're excused.

Any reason other than unforseen health issues with his children isn't really valid IMO i.e. my child is deathly allergic to the dog.

There are homeless people who manage to put their pets high on the list of priorities, and they have neither home nor money.

Things I (and everyone should) consider before getting a pet:

Will I for the next 10-15 years have the space/time/money for this animal? If not, who can take care of it for me for the period of time it takes for me to get on my feet again, assuming something happens? Nobody - ok, then no to the purchase of the animal.

It's really as simple as that. In my case, I'd have to be dead or dying before I'd give up my pets to anyone. Even then, I've already made agreements with one of my ex's and family members that if anything terrible happens to me, they've willingly agreed to take my pets for me, because they know how important they are to me.

Again, I hope he is able to find her a good home.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't think the entire background story needed to be put up here; Lori's brother has made his decision because he felt he needed to, and probably isn't going to read the feedback posted in here (unless swilly=your bro Lori;)). No need to jump on the reasons; reach out and help if you can, leave it be if you don't have anything positive to add that will keep this dog from having to end up in a shelter.

....oh, and a merry christmas everyone!!
I'm going SLEDDING!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry pete, but I feel very strongly about people not putting their animals first.

That's not happening here, and frankly, I don't care to hear the story behind it.

This being a public message board and all, one should expect responses such as this : )

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
I dunno Val, what if the dog and the kid have territory issues, and both want to pee all over the place to mark what's theirs? I'd probably give the animal the boot before the kid....unless the kid was really freakish, or wrote with crayon all over my carpet.

Then why would you get a dog if you know you're having kids and there's the potential for there to be serious isssues?

Again, planning ahead would avoid that - speak with the breeder to return the dog and be re-placed with another family should this occur, or speak to friends family so they're aware years in advance that they may have to take over your responsibilites.

Versus "hi random stranger, please take this dog".

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sorry pete, but I feel very strongly about people not putting their animals first.
They are putting one species over another, is all.

Homo sapiens over Canis domesticus... pretty simple choice.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Again...the full story shouldn't have to be posted here but Tribe land is full of people who love to give there 2cents and judge people...

the living situation has put much added stress on Sydney...obviously. She hasn't been herself lately and two days ago she snapped and bit my niece (leaving her to get stitches and she almost lost her eye) Obviously this was a very scary incident for my brother and his wife, not to mention our entire family. Now I know sydney is not a vicious or aggressive animal by any means (she loves our family to death and is amazing with the kids) but overall with everything combined, he just can't keep her anymore. I didn't want to post this part especially because it might discourage people from giving her a chance - she is really a beautiful,loving warm animal.

~Lori

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories