1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

HELP with fucking Rogers Stupid Phones

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mystique0217, Aug 28, 2003.

1. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

well, the power button of my brand new motolorla phone is working but the rest of the buttons are fucked up now.

i have no idea what happened.

anyway, i want to know if i can use my old clear-net phone which some of you are using with telus (the one without the sim card in it..do you call it analog phone??)

please help!
    i thought about going to one of the wireless shop in the mall and get it exchanged tomorrow, but i rather want to use my old clear-net phone which is better quality.

thank you!!!

Kumi

2. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Rogers operates using two network protocols: TDMA and GSM. Telus uses CDMA, so none of the phones will work.

Just go back to your point of purchase and ask for a replacement phone for the Motorola.

Cheers ... Ian :)

3. mystique0217

Re: Re: HELP with fucking Rogers Stupid Phones

:/

well, i paid the money for 3 year warranty, so i should be able to replace with the new of the same model..

i have 1 spare clear-net (telus) phone and 1 fido phone.
    my roommate's handbag was stolen 2 weeks ago so i allowed her to use my phone for a bit, and my little sister is holding onto my fido phone for emergency.

after i realized that my phone was fucked like 1 hour ago, my roommate told me "btw, the phone that i am using (MINE) works great. maybe you should buy one of the same kind yourself"

i was like,..excuse me? that is MY fucking phone!!!

so i really want to use my clear-net phone if that is ever possible.

let me clarify once again.
    so it is not possible to use clear-net/tel-us phone with rogers??

:(

4. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: HELP with fucking Rogers Stupid Phones

you are correct - it is not possible

5. mystique0217

:(

my b.f. offered me to purchase a new phone for me..but
    what i am annoyed about is my roommate's attitude.
    i really wished i could do something so that she will not just use my phone without having any buy and sell deal but taking it like this..i hate being naive when it comes to shite like this though..fuCKKKKKK!!

thanks for your answers though.. :) :(

6. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

put vaseline on the earpiece of your phone...

just a REALLY thin film...

after he/she'll get's an earfull, they'll never use your phone again.

7. mystique0217

lol
    but kife dowg, i must remind you, it is MOI phone and i paid like 200-300 dollars for that shite :p

8. adorablehomeboy

adorablehomeboy TRIBE Promoter

Is it a Motorolla C333, or a higher level model that is based on the C333?

Same fucking thing happened to me around the same time you posted this!! I took the damn thing apart front and back cover, and then put it back together (like resetting a comp) seemed to work fine...

One hint if it's a C333, it works 10 times better if you take it out of the leather case to talk on it....

I could start ranting here, but I'll save it, do a search on Roger's you'll get plently. :mad: