1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

HELP! where to find cool coffee tables?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by bombthreat23, Mar 20, 2010.

1. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

looking for a round coffee table, like a chest or something cool out of wood, but where!?!?! we can't find any good stores that sell them.

2. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Where have you tried? The east end will have the best stuff methinks.

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

try antique stores or markets up north

4. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Wait, you want a chest but it has to be round?

Be more specific.

What kind of wood? What style? What price range? Storage?

5. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

west end of Queen St. at Roncesvalles, the antique stores there have a lot of old, repro or refinished stuff.... lots of coffee tables all shapes and sizes.

6. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

perhaps posting a picture of something you like would help - but what people said is right- try guff on queen east along with zig zag and modern age + west end queen west antiques at roncy/queen area, then filter on jarvis and adelaide, then the queen west bathurst strip, and fuck, if you still can't find something make it yourself

7. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Also try G&H Johnson at Dupont and Dovercourt - huge selection.

And if you want a distressed looking wood with an oriental twist, try Kuba on Dufferin south of Queen.

8. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

9. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Exactly what I was going to post, both are my favourite. I think it's Kuda though. The sign says Kuda. I only realized this like two weeks ago...haha.

10. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

It is kuda, and they have beautiful stuff. Is on the pricier side, depending on what you are looking for and the range you are looking to spend.

11. L Train

L Train TRIBE Member

You could try the Antique market at the st Lawrence on Sundays. I bought a really cool teak table there a few weeks ago.

12. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  13. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

I got mine at Morningstar (Yonge and Wellesly) its not round, but has is Indain, reclaimed wood and metal.

14. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

stereo-commute is quite cool, been inside and loved a lot of their stuff. very gritty (and as you say, expensive). another cool one like this is 'hardware' on queen east.

15. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

yeah Commute is cool but so expensive. I called them for a funky iron chandelier and they wanted 4 grand for it! fuck that, I've now got a guy doing essentially the same thing for 6 hundred.

something like this:

[​IMG]

16. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

COFFEE TABLE EMERGENCY!!
    i

17. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

^^ shit I owe you some tracks! Sorry dude, totally forgot... will get them to you asap although I'm in Miami until next week

18. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Cool. :cool:

(Thought I was getting the brush-off!)

19. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

no not at all man. like everyone else seemingly, I don't hit tribe so much anymore, and haven't checked PMs or anything in a while. my bad, I will sort you out 100%