• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help: Vacation suggestions for under a week.

tripleup

TRIBE Member
I work a 15 days on, 6 days off rotation and want to take the girl I've been seeing somewhere fun for a few days.

Any big EDM events the first 2 weeks of June? Cities in North or South America with something fun going on soon?

Help me find somewhere to get drunk and cause a ruckus Tribe!

kuba

TRIBE Member
Off base but perhaps a camping trip?

Europe is up because of the time zone differences so I would say keep researching for a south or Central American edm festival.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Second the camping trip. I've been to Europe for 5 days before and you're just starting to feel normal when it's time to get back on the plane and go home. so yeah.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tripleup

TRIBE Member
New York! Come on. No brainer.
Definitely on the top of the short list so far.

As much fun as camping is, I spend 200 days a year or more working in the deep wilderness.

So concrete hedonism is more of a change of pace for me and frankly more interesting to explore.

Vegas to me is like this Jersey-shore theme park of cliche excess. Sure, I hear the shows are great, but I'd rather have visited it in the glory days. Weird thing for a poker player to say, I'm sure, but Vegas has zero appeal to me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alison87

TRIBE Member
Vegas is fucking ace for a short trip. The strip is a big theme park, you just need to walk down it once for the spectacle, but the rest of the city has a grimey wild west feel, and plenty of poker rooms. Also they have great tacos. And the Pinball Museum. And the desert is just fucking stunning.

Though if you don't want to visit the country then perhaps NYC is a better choice. Lots of parties going on and plenty to see and do, whatever you're into. I hear Brazil has some cool parties too if you want to go further afield but stay in the same timezone.