1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Help tribe! the morning after pill - a man's involvement?

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by fear_of_fours, Mar 28, 2010.

1. fear_of_fours

fear_of_fours TRIBE Member

I'm doing a poll for my friend.

A condom mishap! You take the morning after pill, and you feel ill, you didn't ejaculate into your own vagina but you get little sympathy, no phone call or text msg from the ejaculator.

MEN OF TRIBE: How much involvement do you have? Do you pay for it? Do you go in when she's buying it? Do you rent a movie if she feels ill?

2. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

wouldnt it be ummm kind of a each situation is different?

like one night stand ?

just dinking ?

new relationship.

accountability is largely based upon how well someone knows someone else.
    and compassion is largely indicative of the individual.

so unless you are looking for the Seinfeld etiquette guide on the morning after pill, id say the basic logic applies as it does with most situations like this, and your friend should decide on what she feels is decent of the person, and if he comes up short* then maybe he doesnt fall under ' decent guy i let blow his load in me with no protection on '.

* no pun intended.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  3. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

This sounds like an episode of Degrassi Junior High.
  4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

if he liked it, he should have put a nuvaring in it.
  5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

dude's not calling or texting her.
    take a hint !
  6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

yeah, depends on the relationship, depends on the guy, depends on the 'encounter', etc.
  7. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

8. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

The guy, out of self preservation in the least, should be footing the bill.

As for the girl, if he goes MIA for more than a week, consider the situation a blessing in disguise and he happy someone like that is gone from your life.
  9. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

These kind of threads always start with "My friend". :)

10. fear_of_fours

fear_of_fours TRIBE Member

going on dates

not a one night stand

not the first time they had sex

known each other for some time

condom breaks

anddddddddddd go.
  11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

sounds like a swell fella, ignoring her, when her mind's obviously going crazy right now.
  12. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

what is their facebook relationship status? That is the most important criteria before I can offer any advice.
  13. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

Did she always pay half for the condoms? Did she always pay half on the dates? If not, she's got to foot the bill for the morning after pill.
  14. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Are people really suffering from their monthly morning after pill expense ballooning? How much do these things cost, it has been awhile since I handed a girl exactly $12.46 (half the cost of a morning after pill a few years back).
  15. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Do adults really worry about this stuff?

I thought it was only teenagers.
  16. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

fear_of_fours should stick to saving people from getting hit by cars instead of getting hit by internal loads.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  17. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

Like most adult men, I'd be shitting myself if some broad I banged thought she might be pregnant with my kid.
  18. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

If he wrapped it up at least he did the best he could. Did she? she should be on some form of birth control as well (pills, iud, nuvaring whatever) or guess who's paying the $40 to get that morning after pill. You should never expect a man to foot the bill for something you didn't help to prevent either. If you're in a relationship and going bc free, then I would hope that both have a part in the morning-after-pill process as I'm sure (or hope) it would have been discussed as the "what if the condom breaks" conversation of no-baby-right-now talk.
  19. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

It's $40. That is twice the cost of a pack of birth control pills a month.
  20. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Other hole = no babys

21. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

4 words. That's not my baby.
  22. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I think she should pay for it (as long as shes not totally broke). If she was on the pill she wouldnt have expected him to pay for that every month would she?

but this guy clearly sucks and she should stop banging him, a nice guy that actually cared about her would have been there for her.
  23. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

LOL. Hopefully she won't pull a Spike!
  24. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

^maybe the guy did too much acid at a concert this weekend, and went bonkers, jumped off a bridge and got put in the loonie bin, and thats why he isnt calling
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  25. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

This is the best thing I've read on tribe in 2010 so far!