• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help! Strange problem

smack

TRIBE Member
When I play my track through my sequencer (logic) everything sounds fine. But when I burn the track to CD and play it back it sounds as if the bassline is a key higher. Does anyone have any remote idea as to why this is happening? Help.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smack
When I play my track through my sequencer (logic) everything sounds fine. But when I burn the track to CD and play it back it sounds as if the bassline is a key higher. Does anyone have any remote idea as to why this is happening? Help.

Are you doing a digital bounce or rendering it down?
If so when you play it back in something that plays the wave, AIFF, or whatever you bounced to does it come out normal?

There has been countless problems on rendering and I have faced at least a few of them.

ludikris

TRIBE Member
it sounds like a sample rate issue or a "release asio driver in background issue"

windows media player automaticaly shifts the audio card's sample rate back to 44,100 when playing media off your hardrive. If the sample rate stays at 48,000 khz, it will sound like it's in a higher key.

Can you be more specific with what you are doing exactly ??