• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help re: .avi files not playing

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I have windows Media Player on my computer and whenever I try and play .avi files the video won't work, just the audio. Any other form of movie/video file works, just not these ones.

Is there a different player I should use, or some setting I could change to make it work?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

starr

TRIBE Member
hehe

you just got on the bittorrent bandwagon too didn't ya :)

i hit search and tribe told me to download divx

i think it's www.divx.com

edit: for pc anyway, if you're on a mac i'm not so sure, but it should be the same

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
hehe

you just got on the bittorrent bandwagon too didn't ya :)

i hit search and tribe told me to download divx

i think it's www.divx.com

edit: for pc anyway, if you're on a mac i'm not so sure, but it should be the same

No bittorrent for this guy :( Cable companies don't run cable out here, and our phonelines can't do DSL, I love living in the country

Thank you for that link though, I'll check it out :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I asked this in another thread, is there an easy way to sync the video and audio for a movie file? Both the audio and video plays they just don't match.

starr

TRIBE Member
Funzo if you're only semi-computer savvy (like me) then divx should probably work for you.

Works fine for me.

However, if you know what Balzz means by codecs, then go that route :)

And SneakyPete, I saw your question before and I have no idea. You should google or search your question.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
That's not a playback tool. It tells you what codecs you need.

Yeah I noticed this after I got it. I don't know what any of it means though?

Starr I'm going your route, because I am an idiot.

Thanks everyone