• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Help pretty pls! Dresses to wear to a wedding

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Hey, sorry to ask such a basic question, but i have no idea about where to find a good dress to wear to a wedding. :( I want something really nice but have no idea where to go for one.

I would like to actually go to a store (as opposed to buying online). I need to try stuff on as i'm not one of those people who can just throw on any dress. Some stuff just looks weird on me.

Suggestions pretty pls?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
what kind of stuff do you like? Price point? Since it is "prom season" soon a lot more stores are going to have a selection of dresses. I am pretty frugal so I would check out dixie mall. tThere are the typical mall stores, but warehouse prices. (fairweathers, labels, mex, laura, urban planet). I don't normally wear clothes from these stores but I find I buy a dress for a wedding wear it a few times and that's it so I don't want to spend a lot and mall stores are fine for that kind of thing.

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
I like BCBG for dresses.

They have a good selection from more casual/day dresses, to fancy ball gown type dresses.

The price point is a bit higher than some of the other stores L1 mentioned, but if you go when they have a sale it can be OK.

Also, I found the dresses I have for there are fairly well made and I have re-worn a bunch of times to work events/weddings etc.

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Zara is my go to place. You'll be able to find stuff that isn't over the top (ex.prom/gala) while dressy enough for a wedding. And great price points for what you're buying.

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Oh and The Bay downtown. The mirror room. OBviously there are some designers that will be preposterous in cost, but there are also quite a few decent ones that aren't. Ex. Rachel Roy.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Winners always has a good selection of dresses at this time of year...and most are 50ish$.

:) sarah

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
So funny thing on this one. I didn't end up finding a dress i really liked, so went for a dress i already had. I bought some new accessories to spruce it up and threw on some heels. Well i get there and one of the girls in our group who was also going, was wearing the exact...same...dress.

Too funny. Good thing neither of us are hung up on stuff like that.