• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

help please...there's this song...

triplem

TRIBE Member
I heard this song on the radio, (CHEZ...Classic Rock), and I really want to have it in my collection.

I have know idea what is called or the artist.

Got my techno kids to help me find it, but they are failing big time. :(

Everytime I hear it, the office heater starts up or my phone rings or what ever.

They only words I can remember are "Shut up, I've had enough of you today" and possibly "Shut up, I'll leave when I want to".

FYI, it is NOT the black eye pea.

I had a really shitty week, and this song soooo says it all (from the bits I heard).

Can anyone tell me the name of the song, artist, additional words I can search on.....anything.

(music and lyrics relieve stress for me...I need this for my sanity...yip, I'm a sad excuse for...., but please help me)

Last edited:

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
is this the course ?
"So shut up I’ll give up when I want to
Just shut up I’m not listening to you
Say anything ‘cause it don’t mean nothing
I’ve had enough of you today
I’ve had enough of you today"

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
and if so...

Its by The rodeo kings or something

From the CD "Bark"

Had Enough Of You Today
(Wilson/Potvin/Vulama)

I’m ugly, I’m lazy
I’m always there to take the blame
I’m a drag but you’ll never find out
Just push me around and I’ll walk away

I’m a genius, I can’t get straight
There’s supernatural in my hair
Space invaders all around me
Freak me out when I get down there

I’m getting lost before I get found out
I’m getting old before my time
And it’s too late

Chorus
So shut up I’ll give up when I want to
Just shut up I’m not listening to you
Say anything ‘cause it don’t mean nothing

Now don’t try me, I’m so turned on
I’m in the game to break some eggs
I’m not a loser I’m a time bomb
A superstar that always gets his way

Chorus

site

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

triplem

TRIBE Member
THANK YOU!!!!

Can set my download and still have time to watch the CBC comedies.

BTW, never heard of the group before, but if this is an indication of their work !?!...very nice. Hoewlong have they been around and where are they from?

triplem

TRIBE Member
no one on Kazaa has it. Is there anywhere else I can download it from?

If not no problem, at least now I have the lyrics and I can sing it in my mind.

thanks again

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Or perhaps if you like them that much you could actually go out and buy the CD and support a Canadian artist...

They've been around since the mid-90's, btw.

triplem

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
Or perhaps if you like them that much you could actually go out and buy the CD and support a Canadian artist...

They've been around since the mid-90's, btw.

REALLY...them be Canadian?!?

But in reality, now that I had the chance to read the lyrics, ??? I really don't understand the song...I guess old age is creeping up on me :( I only heard the chorus, "shut up, I've had enough of you to-day", soooo relates to the week of hell I just endured!!!!

And, to set your mind at ease, Silvershadow, my community has produced some major talent in the Celtic side of music. We always purchase their albums (ooops....CD's) to support them. This song..., well, I had no clue what to even ask for.

I asked my kids and they told me, "Yea. yea we know the song!!!!" I got Black eye peas...WRONG!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
lol Mr.Triplem.

well hip hop in general isn't for everyone... you should get them to put on the track "lets get retarded" for yah... then proceed to jump around flailing your arms madly....

its what I do. You look like a retard ...but its tres fun...;)

triplem

TRIBE Member
<hands held around head> It's hip hop?!?</hands....>

Yeah well, the "Mister" is more intune with my children's music than me....(Rolling Stones vs Beatles)...oops, did I say that out loud? Who stole my walker :D

btw, we have "let's get retarded" on both CD and for winamp. I should get my offspring on here :(

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
haha DO NOT LET THEM ON TRIBE...
Why would you corrupt them like that hahaha..

there's nothing wrong with the stone or the beatles... I am a big fan of both. Diversity is always great. But I wouldn't worry about it... hip hops not for everyone. My dad he's 40 and everytime i put anything on from electronica to hip hop to classical, he tells me "Jaimie-lyn why do you torture your ears with this? Here I have some great music for you."

on goes the george strait or REM..:rolleyes:

:)

triplem

TRIBE Member
Your dad is 40???? Holy F....I've never been older that someones dad. Now, I'm scared :D

btw, where are you from....? I'm still up because I had to drive 2 hours to pick a child up from a party (even though she was promised a lift, and ...yadda, yadda,yadda...Mom to the rescue), 2 hours home, got the hubby off to work and am wired. What is your excuse?

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
oh heh I had to work..... :( sunday morning shift .. oh joy.

Sucks you had to go get your daughter but at least she called you for a ride. If it were I (and trust that this has been done) I'd have just walked home.... stupidity, I think so!

Ummm I am in the hub and mecca of hell...Kingston Onatrio. :)