• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

HELP!!!! Please read.

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
well it appears my worst nightmare has come true. Friday night our car was broken into and an entire crate or records was stolen; at least a grand worth of vynil, but those records were worth so much more. Thankfully much of it was current material so I should be able to replace it if I can get some insurance money... unfortunetly I have no fuckin clue what I gonna play for my upcomming gigs in may and June because the sound I was working on is now gone and most of what's left is trance material.

I'm making a list of all the tracks that were taken but I don't really remember the names and labels of each track. Here's a priliminary list of all the tracks that I really really miss. (first one that come to mind)

TECHNO:

Joel Mull - The Mole - Prime Evil
Soulwatcher - ?? - Prime Evil
UK Gold - Agent Wood ep - prime Evil
Chris Liebing & Andrew Wooden - Advanced audio ep - Primate
Umek - Sounds of Africa 2 - Primate
Bryan Zentz - Kingdom fo the tragic (or somethig that sounds like that) - primate
Kenneth Graham - ??
Marco Carola - (tripple pack vynil, white sleeve)
Gatano Paresio - (double pack vynil, silver/red sleeve)
Deetron - ?? - Primate (10" green coloured record)

PROGRESSIVE:

Chemical Brothers - Exit planet Dust LP
Jimmy Van M - compilation - Bedrock
Jay Welsh - Point one/heat rising - gekko
? - ? - 3beat (blue record)
? - ? - 3beat (red record)
? - ? - Niche (9a)
Various artists - future grooves2 - hooj choons
Leigion of green men - ? satoshi tomeii remix - ?
Trigger - Rollercoaster (pablo gargano) - acetate

So if you see anyone trying to unload a combination of these tracks please e-mail me here also a black record bag and a pair of beatup sony mdr 500 headphones were taken as well.

I'll update this list once I get my head together.

thankx.

Peace & love. D

Oh fuck me. You lost the Exit Planet Dust Chem Brothers album on vinyl? I'll ask around, but that's a hard thing to find these days. I'd suggest checking Rotate This on Queen Derek, they might have some of the older stuff that you had stolen. I'll keep an eye out for any other stuff on your list.

From the Minsitry of that sucks

Prime Minister Highsteppa

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Once again Derek, I know it wasn't my fault as you have pointed out but I still feel bad... I can't imagine what it must feel like to get part of you're collection stolen. Well, I guess I got a glimpse of it last night watching you go through it all. Sorry bro! I wish it wouldn't of happened. You're home insurance should cover it though, I asked today and found out that it should be claimed through home insurance cuz car insurance doesn't cover any personal shit left in the car. What sucks is that this isn't the first time that my car has been broken into and probably not the last. I always try and not leave shit in the car but I guess we forgot about those records in the trunk. Fuck!!!! That's the second time I had shit stolen outa my car in that same parking lot ( with security). Hope you're not taking it to hard and hopefully you can replace most o fwhat's been taken.. :( :( :(...

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Originally posted by orange richie
What sucks is that this isn't the first time that my car has been broken into and probably not the last.
perhaps it's time to invest in a car alarm?

where did you park by the way?

T

TRIBE Member
me and OTIS got our shit stolen last year just before a gig, and it wasnt current stuff, it was oldskool jungle. :( it still hurts

May you find your records and the thief, and give him a serious ass whoppin!!!

Good Luck!!!

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
I'm sorry to hear that.

For future reference, where did you park? Same goes for Otis & Toxic.

I know that the parking lot near the Opera House used to get "visited" quite often.

"DJ's look after each other"

Psyklone

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
we parked in the 'park & piss' underground parking on McCaul St. North of Queen.

NOOOOOO! DRUMCODE 2 & 19!!!! FAK! :(

Peace & love. D

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
I think this weekend I'm gonna park there and sit in my car with a basball bat. If I see anyone fuckin around with people's car's I'm gonna break their kneecaps. Or their nuts, we'll see how I feel...

well I'm probably not gonna bring a bat, but I want to!

Peace & love. D

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~

perhaps it's time to invest in a car alarm?

where did you park by the way?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I think I had enough. Just hope an alarm helps...

I parked at McCaul north of Queen in that underground parking garage. I think they get regular complaints too. They even added security guys that drive around in golf carts but I guess it didn't help. I've actually seen guys that looked a little too suspicous around and I report them when I can.

The reson I use this lot is cuz I drive into T.O. often and it's cheap plus I usualy can't find parking anywhere else when I arrive late into town. Had I realized there were records in my trunk I probably wouldn't have left my car there. Since my first incident I don't leave shit that's valuable in my car. Sometimes you just forget though...

Stan

TRIBE Member
How did they break into the car trunk?

Fuck car alarms, you should invest in one of those 20,000 volt electric shocker things that attach to the door handle.

teknikal

TRIBE Member
i'm really sorry about yor records, Alchemy

these were stolen out of the trunk of the car? i thought it was secure to leave things in the trunk, but i guess not. :(

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJAlchemy
I think this weekend I'm gonna park there and sit in my car with a basball bat. If I see anyone fuckin around with people's car's I'm gonna break their kneecaps. Or their nuts, we'll see how I feel...

well I'm probably not gonna bring a bat, but I want to!

Peace & love. D
I think I would make a night of it. Not beat anyone up, but do a little investigating cuz I'm sure other cars get hit everynight. Maybe the parking attendants are in on it too. Who knows?! I'm sure we would find something out though..

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJAlchemy
we parked in the 'park & piss' underground parking on McCaul St. North of Queen.

NOOOOOO! DRUMCODE 2 & 19!!!! FAK! :(

Peace & love. D
A friend of mine parked there on Friday night when he went to System and his car also got broken into! When he confronted the attendant the attendant told him that cars always get broken into in that lot!

SOrry to hear about your loss!

peace&rocksteady

ChROMe

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
That's aweful...bad Karma to whoever the bastard is who stole your records...I hope you get things sorted out as best they can.

Peace, Maxine

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by teknikal
i'm really sorry about yor records, Alchemy

these were stolen out of the trunk of the car? i thought it was secure to leave things in the trunk, but i guess not. :(
That's what I thought too. I had the trunk release inside the car locked with a key and the back seats were locked with a key too. So I have no idea how they got in. They didn' t take anything else from the trunk exept for my CD's wich were in my glove box...

tella

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear bout that alchemy. you may want to call metropolis as well since they buy and sell used records. their number is (416)364-0230.

and to whoever said that car alarms prevent ppl's cars from getting broken into, it's bullshit. car alarms are a dime a dozen these days...when people hear them, they pay very little attention.

beaker

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear about that, derek.

if it helps and you want that soulwatcher record, you can have mine - i never play it.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Tell all the stores that your vinyl was stollen. Give them a description of the records. Try to convince them that if someone shows up selling the records, they should buy them no questions asked and then you'll reimburse them for it .... you're going to have to pay to get them.

Keep an eye out in all stores ... some can be a little shady. A few years ago Mark Oliver's stolen records showed up in Traxx ... even after he'd told them to watch out for them.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
NO FUCKING WAY!!!

Man I know how you feel,
Rick Toxic and I got about $2000 worth of oldschool jungle & dubplates stolen from us last year..

I wish I could say you'll get them back but probably now..

a few questions..
Were they in a sealed flightcase, sealed as in Locked?
What did they use to break into the car?
Did they take anything else other than dj stuff?

I'm soooo sorry dude!
:(

madnezz

TRIBE Member
wow, as everyone else said- i feel horrible for you derick! Hopefully something will turn up......

I cant believe they were able to get to the trunk after all that security, and you dont even know how they did it!

man, after what people are saying, there is NO way im going to park in that lot EVER.

adios
Laura

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories