• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

HELP newborn kittens

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
So i've been taking care of a friends cat that was definetly not supposed to be pregnant. And this morning I wake up and come upstairs and there's this weird squeaking thing. I walk into the guest room and there's this little black thing on the floor squealing like it's life depends on it. After knocking of the 'drowned rat' theory i surmised it was a kitten (which dont look nearly as cute and cuddly newborn as they do otherwise)
Anyways....I picked her off the cold floor and wrapped in in blankets in a basket...but I don't know where Addy is....I searched the whole house and I don't know were her or the rest of her litter is? Is it possible this is the only one? If i can't find addy how do I feed this thing? I don't want the poor guy to die....i mean it was already freezing to death on the floor.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I tried calling the humane society but no one answered in the vet department :(

Anyways, what do I do to make sure he/she is okay? And where do animals normally go if they're having babies?

:(

~allie~

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
In Newfoundland, you put them in a burlap sack with a rock, tie it up and show them the codfish.

(never done it myself).

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Holy shit on a stick.

This happened to my gf way back when. I'd say pour water on them, but what do I know? Look for a trail of blood? Borrow a dog?

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I would assume that the rest of the litter is with the mother. Check warm, isolated parts of the house, I would assume. Maybe Mommy didn't want this one?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Holy Fuck - Addy was pregnant?

(Actually not really surprising)

Good Luck Allie, I hope the rest of the litter and Addy is ok.

:eek:

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Maybe Mommy didn't want this one?

i wonder if she'll still want this one after allie's touched it? don't some animals have weird things like that? poor kitty. :(

sk8

TRIBE Member
keep trying the humane society or a regular vet - they will take emergencies like this.

keep the kitten warm - dry it off.

search weird places in the house - warm and very secluded. under beds, backs of closets, behind fridges....

the mom will want to have the kittens somewhere very safe. if you can't find the mom chances are that's not the only one.

when you find her make a nice soft bed and reintroduce the kitten to her. then take them to a vet straight away.

and give your friend a smack in the head for not having her cat spayed.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
i wonder if she'll still want this one after allie's touched it? don't some animals have weird things like that? poor kitty. :(

it's a domestic cat - used to the smell of people. won't be a problem.

that only happens sometimes with wild mammals - but not very often. the scent of the baby and the mother's instinct to care for it is much stronger.

sk8

TRIBE Member
also - don't worry about feeding it. just get it to a vet or the mom and they'll deal with that.

you would have to buy special milk or formula and a proper eyedropper thing in order to feed it well. regular milk is no good for a kitten.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
yeah mel... it's not a fucking eagle or anything.

sheesh.

and why don't you just BUY dave a fucking cat ? spend the $5.

sk8

TRIBE Member
also - the kitttens eyes will not be open yet. they are blind at birth. this is normal.

what area are you in? i could maybe reccomend a vet.

That's great. Lucky you.

Off to the humane society you go.

Ah well, they got rid of most of the last unwanted bunch of cats, just in time it seems.

Just follow sk8's advice - all of it.

Last edited:

patri©k

TRIBE Member
kungfo.gif

dressupyourcat04212003.jpg

ok.. ^^^ is too cute. LOL.. it's borderline retarded.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
That's great. Lucky you.

Off to the humane society you go.

Ah well, they got rid of most of the last unwanted bunch of cats, just in time it seems.

Val it's not my cat. I was taken care of it for a friend as a favour, the fact that she didn't have the cat fixed and it got pregnant with another cat in the house isn't my fault.

I would never drop the kittens or the mother at the humane society, i'm very concerned with them finding good homes and SURVIVING right now. i'm furious at my friend for being this irresponsible.

Anyways, i'm gonna look for the mom some more :(

~allie~

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
also - don't worry about feeding it. just get it to a vet or the mom and they'll deal with that.

you would have to buy special milk or formula and a proper eyedropper thing in order to feed it well. regular milk is no good for a kitten.

I'm at bayview and moore around yonge and st. clair

If Addy doesn't come back for her kitten how long until the poor thing dies? I want to make sure it gets food.

God this is heartbreaking :(

~allie~

patri©k

TRIBE Member
you should hire alex trebek and do a commercial.

".... HI, I'm Allie... better known as Temper Tantrum. Every day, thousands of cats are born. Every day, thousands of cats fuck. It's up to us... to stop the fucking."

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I can't find her anywhere and i'm starting to get really scared. I'm going to check outside- though i don't know how she would have gotten out. she was in when i went to bed :(

~allie~

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
I can't find her anywhere and i'm starting to get really scared. I'm going to check outside- though i don't know how she would have gotten out. she was in when i went to bed :(

~allie~

did you check EVERYWHERE? maybe she's under a couch, or in your friend's bed. she can't be that far away. i can't imagine that kitten getting so far away by itself, unless the mother took her there, and dropped her away from the rest of the litter.

i wish i could help you search! here kitty kitty!