• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Help: Name of the software for creating electronic music on your computer?

swilly

TRIBE Member
My friend was showing me her programme and it looked pretty fun. I wouldnt mind messing around with it during my spare time here in korea. I think hers was called qbase or.....

i lost her email so i am pretty fucked for getting in contact with her.

oh well it looked cool though
william

Caz

TRIBE Member
Swill try Fruity Loops to get the feel of sequencing and then try somehting like Acid. For the 'for fun' producer these apps are useful

edit: techno beat me to it!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

swilly

TRIBE Member
cheers

i have a lot of spare time on my hands and a distinct lack of interesting people to chat with here so i might as well do something in my sparetime.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
DaPhatConductor said:
ableton owns it hands down. anyone who says otherwise hasn't learned it fully yet. it is the one we've been waiting for and a kid could use it. the user board is an amazing resource too.

www.ableton.com

True dat......I learned it doing the tutorials......it is amazing! ;)

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Oh, and if you want a leg up i teach ableton, the package comes with templates, private instruction, samples, everything you need.

there are other people doing it too btw. like mike goodwin or ludakris. i'm not the only one, and both of those cats know their shit too.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i've learned to use ableton relatively functionally on my own in a month or two

i haven't hooked it up to a keyboard yet, nor have i ventured past the in-house default samples/generators, but i look forward to learning to use new sounds and effects, and hopefully soon a keyboad. .

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
I was messing around with the demo version of Ableton. After I got past a certain point of understanding how to use it, I came to the conclusion that the possibilities are limitless.