• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

HELP I've spilled hot wax :(

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
DAMNIT

I just knocked over a candle onto my brown wool sweater and the hot wax has sunk into it. Is there any way to save my sweater and get this shit out? I *love* this kitchen orange sweater faaaaaaaaaack i'm an idiot sometimes. (or when my 11 year old cousin is clambering all over my stuff and knocks into me and I knock over the candle. why are ALL children 12 and under so obnoxious?)

:(

~allie~

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Put a cloth or a napkin over it and iron it on low heat, thats the solution that is in my head, but I've never tried it before.

Apparently the iron should heat the wax and it shoul soak into the napkin or something.

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Put a cloth or a napkin over it and iron it on low heat, thats the solution that is in my head, but I've never tried it before.

Apparently the iron should heat the wax and it shoul soak into the napkin or something.
I think you're thinking of this method...

Ironing candle wax: Ironing candle wax between blotting paper will only drive the stain deeper into the fabric. This process is widely used, but it's not recommended because it will make any color from the dye of the candle more permanently set and the wax more inaccessible for the detergent or solvent to reach to carry the stain away.

Doesn't work but good try.
:)

is it a heavy wool sweater or ?

XXX
Marian@Work
:p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AshG

Originally posted by *TheLiquidFairy*
I think you're thinking of this method...

Ironing candle wax: Ironing candle wax between blotting paper will only drive the stain deeper into the fabric. This process is widely used, but it's not recommended because it will make any color from the dye of the candle more permanently set and the wax more inaccessible for the detergent or solvent to reach to carry the stain away.

Doesn't work but good try.
:)

is it a heavy wool sweater or ?

XXX
Marian@Work
:p
not true!
see post above.
worked less than 48hours ago.

so poo on you marian! :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ila

TRIBE Member
paper towels on both sides, and iron.

it will lift right out.

I've done it many times on many different fabrics with absolutely no problems.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories