• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

help ID ANOTHER CFNY tune from this morn...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
ok this would have been on around 8:55am or so... sounds kinda like an old 80's tune (but isn't) got some guy singing and he says something like "I need something toooooo get me started" or something like that... I think the band has maybe the word 'WORLD' in it, or the song title has the word world in it....

HEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not much to go on I know...

Last edited:

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
jimmy eat world?
future leaders of the world?
nope it is not punky, guitar like them...it is more 80's sorta like a laid back like maybe old crowded house...maybe a bit more synth...a bit or cure in there for good measure...I dunna know..damn I suck

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by bombthreat23
nope it is not punky, guitar like them...it is more 80's sorta like a laid back like maybe old crowded house...maybe a bit more synth...a bit or cure in there for good measure...I dunna know..damn I suck
dood, now is the time to go to the edge website.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
AAAAAAHHHH HA! they played it again this morning and there is no "world" in the title...drum roll please...
the song is...

HOT HOT HEAT - Middle of nowhere

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
love this song!

Don’t get mad
If I’m laughing
Blame the caffeine
For all the 5am phone calls

I haven’t slept a single night in over a month
Not even once did you start to make sense to me
Well maybe I’m a little bit slow
I’m just consistently inconsistent
She said unpredictability’s my responsibility baby

But you’re waiting at the door
Where everybody’s hanging out just like they hung out before
You didn’t have to do it but you did it just to say
That you didn’t have to do it but you would anyway

To give you something to go on
When I go off
Back to the middle of no where

They chewed me up
And then they spit me out
And I’m not supposed to let it bother me

But maybe I’m a little bit weak
I let my frailty take the wheel
She said maybe there’s a bit of me
Waiting for a bit of you baby

But you’re waiting at the door
Where everybody’s hanging out just like they hung out before
You didn’t have to do it but you did it to say
That you didn’t have to do it but you would anyway

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
AAAAAAHHHH HA! they played it again this morning and there is no "world" in the title...drum roll please...
the song is...

HOT HOT HEAT - Middle of nowhere
I have been a big fan of this album since it came out... I know there are quite a few fans of these hard drinking Candadian party boys on this board.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JEMZ
I have been a big fan of this album since it came out... I know there are quite a few fans of these hard drinking Candadian party boys on this board.
they are canadian? I shall find out more....

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JEMZ
Ooh I'm diggin hot hot heat. I saw them for free live in Whistler during the telus ski and snowboard festival. That was the first time I had heard of them and ended up in me buying their most recent cd. I think they were on Conan about a month back too.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
they are canadian? I shall find out more....
Yeah they are from B.C.

I am too lazy to search for it, but mutslaster wrote a great review of their excesses in their Opera House show when they were on their Make Up The Breakdown tour.