• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

help i spilled anti freeze in my trunk

swilly

TRIBE Member
ok here is the deal there was about 4-6 inches of anti freeze in my trunk this evenining. My stupid container had a puncture in it and it proceeded to leak all throughout the trunk. OK what i need to know is how toxic is this stuff?

I have washed out the back once with hot water etc.... but its hard and the trunk was dirty and its cold out.

so it was not a brilliant job but....

Also the mat in the back was totally soaked. Can i clean it out or should i buy a new one?
same thing with the cardboard that was underneath it

I was kinda hoping i could clean it out but i also have breathing problems so..... i dont want any toxic stuff in my car

if i wash out the matt and the cardboard should i be ok or
how bad is that stuff for you?
On the side of the container it says not to breathe the fumes but like how bad is it? is it like breathing in radioactive waste or like bleech?

anyways some help here please
adios
swilly

lucky1

TRIBE Member
are you refering to the window stuff?

Is there much difference between the blue stuff and the pink stuff?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bitchass

TRIBE Member
many years ago my friend was driving me home from a party and i decided i NEEDED the largest slurpee possible from 7-11. he complained that i was too drunk and would end up spilling it (plus its 4am and -25 out) but i relented and he let me buy it. needless to say, by the time he pulled up to my house i was passed out across the back seat with about a litre of coke slurpee spilt across my lap and all over his seat.

i promised to clean it the next day but we were in a deepfreeze and it pretty much stayed frozen solid for the next month or so/

RJ45

TRIBE Member
if it's windshield washer fluid then you'll be fine. if it's engine antifreeze (aka coolant) then you shouldn't mess around with it too much. go through a car wash with your trunk open? i dunno, sorry mate.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
are you refering to the window stuff?

Is there much difference between the blue stuff and the pink stuff?
The Pink stuff is generally Summer windshield fluid, blue and green are winter.
Also Antifreeze will kill you, washerfluid will only blind you!

Edit: Swilly, if you can put it in a carhold over night to keep it warm, and get your mitts on a shopvac it should come right out. That's all I can offer

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories