• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help! I have to move to Welland for the summer!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Ok....I got a summer internship at John Deere in Welland and have to move there at the beginning of May.

Can anyone tell me anything about this place?? I'm scared shitless!!! :eek:

nusty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper

Can anyone tell me anything about this place?? I'm scared shitless!!! :eek:
most people there only shit once a week at most. (they are all scared shitless to have to live there)

*wish ya luck*

and ya hook up those hats :)

blueker

TRIBE Member
Oh no! Everyone is leaving London for the summer:(
Sorry Sarah, I know nothing about the place...not much help I know. We have to get together before you go though!;)

-Olga

Brokenbone

TRIBE Member
John Deere in Welland...

Famous for two kids getting killed in last year's "take your kids to work day"...

Otherwise I hear it's ok. A buddy is a welder there. There are all kinds of good hiding places to sleep from what I hear.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Brokenbone
John Deere in Welland...

Famous for two kids getting killed in last year's "take your kids to work day"...

I call my Dad to share the news that no, he doesnt need to listen to me whine for money this summer since I have a job, and he says "don't go riding those tractors!!" and goes on and on about the accident.....

Thanks Dad. Way to calm my nerves. :rolleyes:

OLGA! Who else is leaving London? I wanted so much to be in toronto for the summer, if not London, but things just didn't work out. QueenofSwords (Beth) is staying in London, I think. (she has our apartment all to herself!! unless anyone wants to sublet....*hint*) I'm sure I'll be back for TOs big parties and to hear my fave DJs.... look for the girl at the next Misstress Barbara party who is distributing John Deere helmets to all the Tribers....(hey, they gave me a T-SHIRT after the interview, I'm sure I can swing some hats and helmets for y'all) :D

S.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Skippy, I recommend you move to St Catharines if you have a car and drive to JD from there - 15 mins or so...you will be bored out of your skull if you live in Welland

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Indeed, Welland is ass on a bun to live in. Live in St. Catharines and commute in, it's only about 20 mins drive. At least there are a few bars and clubs in St. Cath that you can go to, crappy as they might be. It's a university city though, so there will be people your age there.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Plus you could try to live in Brock University residence. Good way to meet people, and it should be nice and cheap.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

aether

TRIBE Member
I know at least two fly girls from welland. They're the only two people I know from welland, so there's probably more.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Oh yeah, stay away from Welland County General Hospital. I did consulting there to deploy a firewall and get them connected to the hospital in St. Catherines, so who knows what's going on there now. :D

Karim

TRIBE Member
Mojo 640 radio called it the second worst city in Ontario. They have every reason to believe so because the place is a HOLE. Welland is full of inbreeders. I live in St. Catharines and I don't like it too much either, but I thank my lucky stars I live here rather then in Welland!

:) <-- Good Luck!
Karim

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
i'm from the Falls originally...

what are the strip joints in Welland called ....asking coz they seem to change names/locations every year.

Brite

TRIBE Member
Unless John Deer gives you a tractor (sp?) or you have a car u will be bored senseless!

I live in St. Catharines for the summers and their is bearely enough there, it's like a 20 minute drive.

Welland is knda ghetto

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories