• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help! Graphic Design Firm needed!

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
Does anyone have any good suggestions for really superb design work for a big project?

It'll be a 2 month project with a lot of media buys involved.

Muchos gracias! :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

twitch

TRIBE Member
Why would you use a firm?

I've worked with firms and the work is really not that different then what I do, excepts maybe 30 times more expensive.

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by twitch
Why would you use a firm?

I've worked with firms and the work is really not that different then what I do, excepts maybe 30 times more expensive.

Is that how you talk to a potential client?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

twitch

TRIBE Member
Thanks Chubbs

Originally posted by mondo
Is that how you talk to a potential client?

Why not?
I just asked why a firm, then I stated that they rip people off.

It's just the truth, and I know it first hand.

Last edited:

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by twitch
Thanks Chubbs

Why not?
I just asked why a firm, then I stated that they rip people off.

It's just the truth, and I know it first hand.

Perhaps you think I'm not well informed or that what you stated was to enlighten me? I looked in to OVIS and they seem to have very good credentials and perhaps they may be more expensive but to inform me that you are cheaper is not a selling point.
I did not ask for the cheapest. Why would anyone go to McLaren, Ogilvy + Mather, etc. if they could save millions to go elsewhere?
Anyways, thanks for your input.

twitch

TRIBE Member
Perhaps you think I'm not well informed or that what you stated was to enlighten me? I looked in to OVIS and they seem to have very good credentials and perhaps they may be more expensive but to inform me that you are cheaper is not a selling point...

If you read my fisrt post clearly, you would see that I didn't just mention that I was cheaper, I said price was the only difference. Quality of work is the same.

My point is to cut out the middle man (the firm). Because alot of firms will have someone just like me that ends up doing your work, but for alot more money.

twitch

TRIBE Member
I did not ask for the cheapest. Why would anyone go to McLaren, Ogilvy + Mather, etc. if they could save millions to go elsewhere?
Anyways, thanks for your input.

I've worked for Echo Advertising + Marketing and I've worked for Vickers & Benson (maybe Canada's 2 biggest advertising agencies) and the reason people go to them is obvoiusly because they have experience & they're good.

And obviously because their clients either have alot of money to spend or don't shop around.

twitch

TRIBE Member
Why would anyone go to McLaren, Ogilvy + Mather, etc. if they could save millions to go elsewhere?

This was my question to you (or any triber)?
or what do they offer that the little guys don't?

Market research maybe, but most little guys will do that also..

alcid

TRIBE Member
Most independant designers won't have a large pool of international resources at their disposal. For example, my company, Ove, is owned by Publicis. Publicis is the 4th largest communications company in the world. They have offices in well over 100 countries and market research from all over the world. They employ anthropologists to do participant observation for products and brand research. Find me an independent designer who has those resources available to them at all times (as we do). I'm not saying that a large firm will do better design (because that's definitely not the case), but there is a reason larger companies go to the larger firms. Large strategic design and branding projects tend to go to the one who has the most resources because that's where companies are made to feel the most comfortable.